Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Drinking] Dry January -- anyone continuing?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I take it that your 'understanding addiction' certificate is in the post to you? Alcohol is the most addictive legal substance there is, even more addictive as it's completely socially acceptable, ingrained and encouraged in our society. If exercising some self control was that easy no one would be having this conversation.

It is very difficult to implement them & only the person I responded to can judge whether it works or not.

The book that goes with that, 'Annie Grace - This Naked Mind' can be a game changer!

I have many certificates in “understanding addiction” as it goes. I understand it very well. It was my job for 7 years.

Ultimately, you either have the will and self control or you succumb to it.

All the support in the world won’t help you if you don’t find the strength to battle it.

You clearly don’t understand addiction if you think devising manifold complicated ways to justify not drinking is the path to sobriety.

Ultimately an addict had to admit they are an addict and deny themselves alcohol.

That is easiest if you just say

“I’m not drinking at the moment”.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
I have many certificates in “understanding addiction” as it goes. I understand it very well. It was my job for 7 years.

Ultimately, you either have the will and self control or you succumb to it.

All the support in the world won’t help you if you don’t find the strength to battle it.
I think my reply to you, was me being facetious as you've mentioned before what your previous job was, you have my full respect for doing it. I found your bluntness unusual from you. The way you've put it above sounds a lot more empathic.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think my reply to you, was me being facetious as you've mentioned before what your previous job was, you have my full respect for doing it. I found your bluntness unusual from you. The way you've put it above sounds a lot more empathic.

Fair play 👍

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here