Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drum Monday!

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

RenegadePriest

May 13, 2016
I don't think that just turning up with a drum will be enough. Our drummer (Boro) is well practiced and provides continuity between songs so that - on big occasions especially - there is little gap in the singing and the people in the south stand know by the intro which song is next. As one song ends, the rhythm changes and the next song begins.
What you need on Monday is a first half goal and then the atmosphere will take care of itself.

All the best.

CaptainDaveUK

Oct 18, 2010
Drums (plural) and why not get a full brass section. We've nothing to lose and it would create a great atmosphere. Smart phone torches, ticker tape welcome, balloons, clackers, the full works. Fire flames as players come out. I remember them at play off final and they were great. Anything that gets the crowd up. Score one goal and we'll be in with a shout.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Why not a kazoo on every seat?

Seriously, I'd take the drum. We need something to keep chanting going.

Not sure why but that really did make me do a lol. Just imagine....

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Big drum. Yes
Many (most?) agree
All we lack is someone who actually has one and will be there using it.

(Ideas are cheap) :(

This. It's dead simple posting on Nsc saying make it happen. Somebody actually has to contact the club, get permission, be a talented drummer and finally have the drum to take.

That tinpot band, like a really annoying mozzie in the background, may well be the single worst thing about watching England on the box, where at least the viewer can reach for the Mute button.

What are you doing watching England on the box. Shame on you. :lol:

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I don't think that just turning up with a drum will be enough. Our drummer (Boro) is well practiced and provides continuity between songs so that - on big occasions especially - there is little gap in the singing and the people in the south stand know by the intro which song is next. As one song ends, the rhythm changes and the next song begins.
What you need on Monday is a first half goal and then the atmosphere will take care of itself.

All the best.

Sounds about right.

Probably a bit late in the day for Monday. Not that I think it's a bad idea.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
That tinpot band, like a really annoying mozzie in the background, may well be the single worst thing about watching England on the box, where at least the viewer can reach for the Mute button.

Alright, fair enough, perhaps I got a bit carried away including the England drum in the list although, no matter how abysmal it may sound, surely it couldn't be as bad as watching Scotland, drumless or not.........

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
I would love a drum for Monday night
Also if I remember correctly a few years ago when we had that meeting at the amex regarding "atmosphere" paul berine said that they (brighton) could source us a drum.
on a side note my cousin is a drummer in a band.....

Jan 30, 2008
All sounds pretty desperate , why oh why a drum FFS, so bassically we cant do the buisness without a prop !!!!
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
It worked for Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday and it works for England and many of Europe's loudest supported teams.

Anyway, this is a thread for Brighton supporters, it's nothing to do with you 2 trolls.
" it works for England" , please tell me you're having a laugh
regards
DR

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex

I disagree. I like it and it enhances the atmosphere.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
As long as it's nowhere near me..:smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here