Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drugs,Match 'fixing' in sport and the rest of it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well yes, we're tougher. But aren't you arguing above that that's a bad thing?
I don't think we're tougher, at all, we are just less forgiving.
I do think in the Rio case The FA dropped a massive goolie by not toughening up, and have been paying for it since.

We're not as forgiving as Americans.
We don't have the win at all costs, be #1, U-S-A U-S-A mentality.
When caught cheating Americans can usually continue regardless, 'hey everybody else is doing it, I just wanted to win for my country', and all is forgiven.

As you know baseball has 'the steroid era', and even though their biggest current stars have been popped 'the era' is now history.

That, to me at least, is because like The FA, The NBA, NFL, & MLB can't piss on it's own chips.
What can't speak can't lie, so if you don't ask the question, you don't have to hear the answer and everybody is happy.
Right up until the moment it all blows up in their faces.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Yep, strip the lot clean. I follow baseball, and there's a lot of players being caught right now. A lot of them have got 50 game bans. In a 150 game season that is nothing. At least one of them is now getting a 10million a year contract. Not right. I don't care if the best players get done. Needs to be radical.

So,lifetime ban ?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yes...lifetime ban...any individual, any sport.
Athletics decided to open the door back in for athletes and there are plenty who have taken advantage. A certain American sprinter has been caught twice and yet was still competing in the London Olympics.
All the time that it is ' a risk worth taking ' people will keep doing it. Fixing the result of sport undermines the integrity of it and should also carry the stiffest punishment.
Zero tolerance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here