Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drug epidemic off Wellington Road, close to primary School are drugs taking over Brighton?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
FFS. Every drug is open to abuse. If the "unknown pill" was regulated then it wouldn't be dangerous, just like the pint and a half. Taking 20 might be, just like drinking 20 pints. It's not complicated.....

Next time you get a prescription from the doctor's, have a little look at all the contra-indications and side effects in the " little " pamphlets that you get with it, this from a " regulated " drug manufactured to the highest standards.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Pint and a half of beer or an unknown pill from a bloke down the pub ? your call ?

What about the known prescription pill from a qualified bloke down the pharmacy?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Next time you get a prescription from the doctor's, have a little look at all the contra-indications and side effects in the " little " pamphlets that you get with it, this from a " regulated " drug manufactured to the highest standards.

Imagine MDMA with a little pamphlet and manufactured to the highest standards.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Jesus wept. If you read the possible side effects of aspirin or paracetamol you'd not take it.

You're boring me, you don't know what you're talking about and you keep changing your argument when each point you make is refuted. If I wanted a discussion like that I'd talk to a my ex wife. I'm gonna look for team news instead.

:albion2:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Jesus wept. If you read the possible side effects of aspirin or paracetamol you'd not take it.

You're boring me, you don't know what you're talking about and you keep changing your argument when each point you make is refuted. If I wanted a discussion like that I'd talk to a my ex wife. I'm gonna look for team news instead.

:albion2:

Sorry if you can't keep up, so ALL drugs are bad but you want currently illegal drugs to be legalised and manufactured legally in order to reduce dodgy and dangerous drugs on the market ?.... yet you admit ALL drugs are dangerous ? So we allow open access to more of the same drugs that you say are all dangerous ? I think I can see why your ex wife is your ex wife.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Sorry if you can't keep up, so ALL drugs are bad but you want currently illegal drugs to be legalised and manufactured legally in order to reduce dodgy and dangerous drugs on the market ?.... yet you admit ALL drugs are dangerous ? So we allow open access to more of the same drugs that you say are all dangerous ? I think I can see why your ex wife is your ex wife.
Dear oh dear. My ex wife was a psychopath by the way, I'm now married (for over 10 years) to the most amazing woman I've ever met. But you carry on old chap.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
For people who are already addicted to heroin it would probably be better to take them off the dealer market. On the street they don’t know if their next fix will kill them or not whether by purity or impurity.

A heroin user who has to resort to crime to pay for their habit or even become dealers themselves to finance it are more hassle to everyone else than the current system is worth.

I think I agree, it has to be better for the addicts, and anyone who loses out due to crime. But I'm not convinced it would be that much better- people still beg and steal to fund an alcohol addiction, that's totally legal (the alcohol) and still no great way to live, and my concern is there will simply be more people like this under a legalised system. They may well be healthier but they'll still be addicts, incapable of living normal lives and contributing to society.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Decriminalization of Drugs by legalization may or may not work,it might go the other way with people committing "softer" law breaking so to say,drug driving,assault,petty theft,vandalism an that type of thing.

When you raise the possibility to increase the pool of users then people being people will be effected differently,take alcohol as an example-some people want to fight the world when drunk,others are the lover types..

There are a whole host of drugs out there and to make many legal could help reduce the need for police levels,lawyers,it may even reduce the pressure on the NHS as initially the levels of the hardened crime fall,so perhaps one could ask why are the current prison sentences so woefully short,a more draconian attitude could again reduce the need for police levels,lawyers and once again reduce the pressure on the NHS.....

Stiffer sentencing and the odd key thrown away could make serious inroads into a whole host of problems society faces,but by increasing the pool of the hardcore of users,we are where we are-that is No or limited Deterrent and No or limited Law.

Education is a major player in future generations,in fact it is the key to every thing,the education of respect to others..

Take Mobile phone use at the wheel for example-6 points now and £200 fine? Draconian enough? but it will only effect the poor i hear you say,maybe but is it acceptable in the first place,how long before we see 20 points allowed on a licence to counter the rise.

Your are creating potential problems longer term if you allow the legal use of drugs in my opinion and as the human body in 99.9% requires no such drugs to operate you have to ask the question.

Is a thing natural or normal?

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz

Being of what some may term as advancing years, in my experience the use of personal insults in a debate is neither constructive or nice.
However if that is the way it is played on here, then I say to you sir that your Father is a donkey bottom biter, your mother smells of Elderberries and I unclog my nose to your Auntie!!!
There I've said it now, let that be a lesson to you.

P.S. Barnstoneworth for ever

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
When asked earlier this year about the legalisation of drugs, the then prime minister DC said 'We are winning the war against drugs'.
I remember this phase from my childhood and thought how wonderful to hear that we are still winning this war that has only been going on for 104 years.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16681673

we have the largest brain % per body mass of any creature on the planet.......given what we are doing to the planet it can only be taken as a foregone conclusion that a % of us will find a need to **** ourselves up with drugs.......it really is a foregone conclusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here