Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Drones spotted at LGW.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Gatwick expected to be closed until 9am at the earliest. There are at least two drones, one in the air as I post (BBC Breakfast)
I hope they find the operators and jail them.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I always thought there was technology that disabled them. Either it doesn't work or Gatwick doesn't have it.

Well they haven't managed to do it over prisons. Pretty hard to block the signal over the airfield and the flight path.

Best to just shot them out of the sky...

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Potential 5 year sentence for endangering the safety of an aircraft. Hope they can throw the book at them.

The people who are actually doing this when caught first the magistrate,no bail on remand for Crown Court with a minimum five sentence awaiting and not 100 c/service order and a £80 fine.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Gatwick expected to be closed until 9am at the earliest. There are at least two drones, one in the air as I post (BBC Breakfast)

This.

Appalling.

Some people are morons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
There is (according to an expert on R5) but they don’t have it.

I wonder if it's been tested in the wild yet though ? I only ask as one of my son's has a drone and it's controlled using his mobile phone - can't see it being practical for an airport to block mobile phone frequencies.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The people who are actually doing this when caught first the magistrate,no bail on remand for Crown Court with a minimum five sentence PER AIRCRAFT ENDANGERED awaiting and not 100 c/service order and a £80 fine.

Added to your idea .....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hope they can throw the book at them.

In 2018 I’d imagine there’s a more hi-tec solution but if someone has a long throw and a good aim no harm in trying I guess?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Gatwick expected to be closed until 9am at the earliest.

It’s a Spanish company I think. It’s not really their fault though; jailing them is a bit harsh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There are problems finding transport for those who have been diverted. I've just watched an interview from a passenger who was diverted to Birmingham, after flying from Kiev.
There was no indication of transport being provided (at the time).

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Not sure I’d be happy being diverted to Cardiff or Manchester at this time of night !

Reminds me of a class comment my ex made. Flying back into Heathrow we were circling for quite a while and I said with any luck we might get diverted to Gatwick. She responded with "I hope not because we'd still have to go back to Heathrow to get our luggage" :facepalm: :lolol:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There are problems finding transport for those who have been diverted.

Imagine if the poor souls now get a train. Their problems will have only just begun.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The people who are actually doing this when caught first the magistrate,no bail on remand for Crown Court with a minimum five sentence awaiting and not 100 c/service order and a £80 fine.

I remember reading about the singer from The View, who was aggressive on a flight which ultimately was forced to land early at a different airport to the destination. He was fined or sued for the costs this incurred....which ran into tens of thousands and bankrupted him. I wonder if the same could happen here?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Flight now 5 hours late. Grrrrrrrr.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sitting having a coffee at LHR, having landed from Dubai an hour or so back – VERY relieved that I picked LHR over LGW this time!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here