Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Driver refuses to move van for ambulance trying to reach fitting baby

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Well no, clearly it's not OK, which is why the police have ended up getting involved...?

Sorry, my point was that I got a fine ( not from the Police obviously) for not blocking the road and this driver has got off.

I'm only going on the Argus link as it said the police have not charged the driver , and he probably won't get a parking ticket for double parking.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sorry, my point was that I got a fine ( not from the Police obviously) for not blocking the road and this driver has got off.

I'm only going on the Argus link as it said the police have not charged the driver , and he probably won't get a parking ticket for double parking.

He's had to pay a hundred quid though (to a charity), which I suppose the ambulance service deemed satisfactory to them. I presume your fine was less than that?

With community resolutions, by the way, if the offender doesn't comply (ie if he didn't pay the donation or write his letter of apology) he'd face consequences, possibly prosecution, anyway.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Let's not be too harsh on the guy. He was probably only stopping at the shop for a couple of minutes. He should be allowed to do that. All this nonsense about causing obstructions and such, it never happens. It's just scare tactics from money-making, jobsworth, ticket wardens. We should be allowed to be park where we want.

Exactly right. I blame cyclists and the Greens.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I hope they name and shame this scum bag ****. Utter wanker.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
He's had to pay a hundred quid though (to a charity), which I suppose the ambulance service deemed satisfactory to them. I presume your fine was less than that?

With community resolutions, by the way, if the offender doesn't comply (ie if he didn't pay the donation or write his letter of apology) he'd face consequences, possibly prosecution, anyway.
Message understood.
Yes my fine was less, but as I said I wasn't causing anyone a problem.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Message understood.
Yes my fine was less, but as I said I wasn't causing anyone a problem.

No, absolutely, I presume yours was just a standard parking ticket.

It's a shame it wasn't Fire who were coming down that road. They'd just have shifted his van for him :lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Lily livered Police and CPS should have been all over this.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
No, absolutely, I presume yours was just a standard parking ticket.

It's a shame it wasn't Fire who were coming down that road. They'd just have shifted his van for him :lolol:

I'd have quite enjoyed watching that.

People who double park are really annoying. The main offenders seem to be taxi drivers and supermarket delivery vans. What particularly winds me up is when I squeeze my way past a taxi and find that there's a perfectly good parking SPACE only 10 metres further down the road.

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Could be construed that way I guess.

Its not an offence (to obstruct) if it means you will have to break the law to move. You should STAY still. They have the legal right to go around (opposite side) of red lights etc,
YOU don't.

However, as said if there was no choice, I'd do it anyway and take the rap!

I have gone through a red light and across the junction to clear the way for an ambulance. Now either I got lucky or whoever was monitoring the cameras (I know others who have been fined for blocking the same junction) saw the ambulance come after me and felt it was reasonable.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I have gone through a red light and across the junction to clear the way for an ambulance. Now either I got lucky or whoever was monitoring the cameras (I know others who have been fined for blocking the same junction) saw the ambulance come after me and felt it was reasonable.

I've done exactly the same thing, obviously with care. Got the thumbsup from the passenger paramedic as they passed by and I never received any ticket or summons through the post.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Utter drivel unless you are fishing..It really is just plain common sense to get out of the way as quickly as possible for any emergency services. The bloke was selfish and a ****. Nothing to do with jobsworths or ticket wardens.
Obviously:fishing: or you're:drink::drink::drink:

Not fishing, or drunk. It's more a sarcastic reference to the often used arguments when people are discussing parking tickets or parking restrictions.

Exactly right. I blame cyclists and the Greens.

See? Brovion gets it.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Lily livered Police and CPS should have been all over this.

Absolutely this. He should have been prosecuted, then at least the world would know what a complete and utter a**hole he is. Now he is just "anonymous van driver tw*t"

Slightly disappointed at the ambulance driver's benevolent attitude. It is sending out the wrong message entirely to let this pr*ck off the hook so lightly.

And surely it is the police/CPS that decide whether there should be a prosecution. That's not within the remit of the ambulance driver / paramedic (I'm sure Edna will correct me if I'm wrong).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here