Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drinking On The Terrace

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Where as I go to footy to watch footy and not get hammered, I do enjoy a Harvey's or two.

Is it not time football fans (us in particular) are trusted to enjoy a pint in our seats. It would add to the pre match build up as not all would be crammed on the concourse.

Other sports seem to not have a problem and if stewarded properly is there really going to be that much violence?.

Is it not time this rule was relaxed?. :drink::drink::drink::catfight::catfight::drink::catfight::drink:

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Is it down to the clubs discretion or the FA, ot the Policeyman?.

No mate... Anyone drinking Harvey's simply cannot be trusted. Horrible stuff IMO.

I undoubtedly will get pilloried for that opinion but hey ho, I will continue to have that opinion whatever anyone throws back at me!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
No mate... Anyone drinking Harvey's simply cannot be trusted. Horrible stuff IMO.

I undoubtedly will get pilloried for that opinion but hey ho, I will continue to have that opinion whatever anyone throws back at me!

You are not alone, I stand with you.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
Is it down to the clubs discretion or the FA, ot the Policeyman?.

It was fatcher wot done it.
it is against the law to drink at a football match above conference level if you have a view of the pitch,even the corporates cant drink if the windows look out onto the pitch,that is why they have blinds on the windows and T.V.'s showing the game.
you can drink at the sort of level as Lewes or at the Rugby or cricket it is only us who are persecuted.

various E-petitions exist on the U-Gov website should you wish to convince our elected leaders to change the law.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
I know it has many benefits but just thinking on the other side of the coin, that maybe it would be bloody annoying as people keep getting up and down for beers in front and around you!

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I know it has many benefits but just thinking on the other side of the coin, that maybe it would be bloody annoying as people keep getting up and down for beers in front and around you!

And people keep on going to the loo!

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
It amazes me that you can't take a pint in but you can a boiling cup of tea/coffee.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

You sir are a complete and utter disgrace and should be drummed out of your town!

Willy Dangle

Aug 31, 2011
Or London Pride... That is a nice beer...... Harvey's should come free with a couple of Rennie!

I see where you are coming from. I enjoy a Harvey's but would not go out of my way to buy some in. Dorset Ales is my tipple, Badgers Golden Glory is gorgeous.

Czechmate

Oct 5, 2011
Brno Czech Republic
All England games you could take a drink to your seat , think all the tournement is the same , no problems what so ever . Although i got splashed when England scored their winner against Sweden but who cares :cheers:

Wondergull

Nov 24, 2004
Brooklyn, New York
All England games you could take a drink to your seat , think all the tournement is the same , no problems what so ever . Although i got splashed when England scored their winner against Sweden but who cares :cheers:

That's because the beer served is alcohol free! I made that mistake at the France match so have t bothered since. At Wembley if it is a FIFA or UEFA match you aren't even allowed to drink on the concourses. It's only friendlies that allow it

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Beer's not been the same since the demise of Worthington 'E' and Watney's Red Barrel.

I do like a Harvey's or 9 when I come to the games,but ale is a personal taste,and I'll try any beer at least once.

Would it be possible to smuggle in a yard of ale up your sleeve and pretend you've broken your arm ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here