[Albion] Drinking in seats

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
The euros final showed the world why English fans are treated as children. Give them alcohol and they act like children. Ban it from the stadium fully.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think the summer and England fans put paid to us drinking in our seats at anytime soon unfortunately.

Just doing lines off the top of the seat in front to keep entertained pre match then :whistle: :moo:

The euros final showed the world why English fans are treated as children. Give them alcohol and they act like children. Ban it from the stadium fully.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Sorry for the cliche, but I bet you're fun at parties.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is specific discrimination against football fans and the law should be changed. it's ridiculous
Of course it is.

But then again if you're going to tell me there isn't a noticeable percentage of supercharged weapons grade t*ats at the football who won't be able to manage beer and football together, I'm going to sell you some magic beans.

It's ridiculous the rest of us should be held to ransom by these goons, but it's preferable to trying to watch the game covered in beer thrown around for 'fun' as some pisshead stumbles past every 5 minutes.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Of course it is.

But then again if you're going to tell me there isn't a noticeable percentage of supercharged weapons grade t*ats at the football who won't be able to manage beer and football together, I'm going to sell you some magic beans.

It's ridiculous the rest of us should be held to ransom by these goons, but it's preferable to trying to watch the game covered in beer thrown around for 'fun' as some pisshead stumbles past every 5 minutes.

Is totally the correct answer! Sadly :(

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Of course it is.

That is not what I am advocating though. I think the bars should be shut during play. I just think you should be able to have a prematch drink in your seat, and be able to finish your halftime pint in your seat also.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is not what I am advocating though. I think the bars should be shut during play. I just think you should be able to have a prematch drink in your seat, and be able to finish your halftime pint in your seat also.
Sadly for all of us no matter how right you are the negative thread is easy to pull.

Goon will just be sat there surrounded by pints 'just I case I get thirsty during the first half - this is a right laugh'.

It's wrong, it's wrong on all levels.
But I've never seen anything at football to suggest that it's not doomed to failure.

We can't have nice things!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
The Club is clearly anxious that fans should not linger in the concourses longer than necessary. However, alcohol will still be served in the concourse bars but it must be consumed before going to seats. Is this the time to press the point that good sense would allow fans to go to their seats, with their drinks, as early as possible?

Testing Testing 1 2 3

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
As someone who has been at World cups where drinking in your seat is fine - it is terrible. Constant stream of people going to the toilet, going to the bar etc. Not for me

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
As someone who has been at World cups where drinking in your seat is fine - it is terrible. Constant stream of people going to the toilet, going to the bar etc. Not for me

I suppose there are multiple aspects to this.

Retaining the rule you cannot sell alcohol during the game could still mean you could take drinks purchased before or at HT to your seat.

I would wager that if I was able to take my HT pint to my seat rather than necking it, I'd be less likely to require the toilet during the second half (which is touch and go depending on when the seal was broken earlier).

So in that scenario, your constant stream of people to the kiosks during the game would be the same as it was, only you may well find less drinkers need a slash during the game. So could mean less people moving about?

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
I suppose there are multiple aspects to this.

Retaining the rule you cannot sell alcohol during the game could still mean you could take drinks purchased before or at HT to your seat.

I would wager that if I was able to take my HT pint to my seat rather than necking it, I'd be less likely to require the toilet during the second half (which is touch and go depending on when the seal was broken earlier).

So in that scenario, your constant stream of people to the kiosks during the game would be the same as it was, only you may well find less drinkers need a slash during the game. So could mean less people moving about?

I'd also limit the number of pints that could be carried out to just one per person to stop any idiots taking the piss and surrounding themselves with pints (something I definitely do at cricket).

Jimmy Grimble

The lobbing pints in the air is definitely a recent English phenomenon but I don’t think it would happen in stadiums (in your seat not the concourse) the way some people expect. The 2018 World Cup was the catalyst for it as every fan venue seemed intent on creating the best looking shower of beer - the BBC showed various venues celebrating every time England scored which only made it more mainstream. It literally became a competition of who could get the best video of ridiculous celebrations.

Being in a big park or pub watching England is very different to watching your club side in the ground though. It attracts different types of people - you don’t get families or elderly people in the King and Queen or Hyde Park. It is invariably like-minded pissed up blokes in their 20s/30s who accept they might get wet.

Those same blokes would not behave the same way in their seat at The Amex as it just wouldn’t be socially acceptable, knowing the impact they might have on an old lady or little kid.

Jimmy Grimble

I'd also limit the number of pints that could be carried out to just one per person to stop any idiots taking the piss and surrounding themselves with pints (something I definitely do at cricket).

This is what I’ve seen happen at European grounds (I did it too).

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Of course it is.

EXACTLY the same weapons grade twats go to 20/20, The Hollies stand at Edgbaston and The Darts. Drinking at all three seems compulsory :shrug:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Bad enough now with people getting up to piss, or disappearing on 40 mins, coming back on 48 etc.

Would it potentially solve that problem though?

Speaking from my own drinking habits at football. I'm one of the folk you speak of leaving before half time and often coming back after kick off but I will always stay until the final whistle (unless its really bad) because I know I'm staying for a beer after the game. If I could take a beer to my seat I would buy one before kick off to take in for the first half, wait until half time and then go for a piss and a refill and then have a beer for the second half.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
The lobbing pints in the air is definitely a recent English phenomenon but I don’t think it would happen in stadiums (in your seat not the concourse) the way some people expect. The 2018 World Cup was the catalyst for it as every fan venue seemed intent on creating the best looking shower of beer - the BBC showed various venues celebrating every time England scored which only made it more mainstream. It literally became a competition of who could get the best video of ridiculous celebrations.

Being in a big park or pub watching England is very different to watching your club side in the ground though. It attracts different types of people - you don’t get families or elderly people in the King and Queen or Hyde Park. It is invariably like-minded pissed up blokes in their 20s/30s who accept they might get wet.

Those same blokes would not behave the same way in their seat at The Amex as it just wouldn’t be socially acceptable, knowing the impact they might have on an old lady or little kid.

It was so hot that 2018 world cup summer wasn't it, and tournaments are summer things.

All what you've said, but how many people will queue up, part with just shy of £5 for a beer, then after all that throw it around? I mean, I'm pretty excitable, but where beer is involved if we score, I will carefully place my pint under my seat...then celebrate*.:lolol:

*VAR makes this even more likely...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports