Drink Driving Convictions

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
Finally after a number of years of people reporting him to the police we think our neighbour has been done for drink driving but does anyone know of whether such convictions are published anywhere publically?

This chap was an absolute disgrace - we saw him once literally fall over drunk getting out of his car after having driven home in mid afternoon when the local primary school on our road was at hometime. Police told us they were aware that others had reported him on occasion but had to catch him in the act.

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
I hate people like that. I've got to go to crown court for some twat who was drunk and crashed his van in front of me. It's been to court twice already and the idiot keeps appealing. Two years on nearly and he's still driving.
In answer to your question check local press for details of convictions.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
As long as there's no reason to place reporting restrictions (I've never known it in excess alcohol cases) then the court procedings are a matter of public record. However, the presence of journalists is rare, at least here, so it may not be reported.
I don't know whether you can ring up and ask, but I'll find out.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
As long as there's no reason to place reporting restrictions (I've never known it in excess alcohol cases) then the court procedings are a matter of public record. However, the presence of journalists is rare, at least here, so it may not be reported.
I don't know whether you can ring up and ask, but I'll find out.

He could always alert the local rag to the possible conviction to make sure they turn up to court, and make a feature of it, if this bloke has been that bad and blatant about it.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
Kent police website has a "Justice Seen/Justice Done" section, Hants may have the same..... worth a check after the case

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;3580091 said:
The press always sit in on magistrates courts hearings -

Complete trossocks, they may select one or two of the jucier crown court trials for coverage, but you won't see many hacks wasting their drinking time sitting in on mags courts hearings.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports