Dec 20, 2014
maxresdefault.jpg

Do Not Call 630-296-7536

WTF is that? :ohmy:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Wow.

Fugitive of the Judoon - Seriously good episode that.

The best for years.

I was beginning to give up on Dr Who after last weeks very poor and disjointed episode, tonight's has got me back on board ! Clever, funny and intriguing.

Edit: Nice to see Captain Jack re-appear.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wow.

Fugitive of the Judoon - Seriously good episode that.

The best for years.
Agreed. Obviously laying the groundwork for future storylines with the 'dual doctor' thing. Still not sure who the bloke was who was the 'other' Doctor's boyfriend. Was he an alien? The other Time Lord, the Servalan character, seemed to know him (Sorry, not good on names).

Anyway, yes, easily the episode for years. I still feel the overall tone is a bit too 'breezy', but it was nice to get through an episode of modern BBC output (not just Dr Who), without being overly preached at.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Still not sure who the bloke was who was the 'other' Doctor's boyfriend. Was he an alien? The other Time Lord, the Servalan character, seemed to know him (Sorry, not good on names).

Wasn't he just the doctors companion? Like Martha in Human Nature/The Family of Blood - there to watch over the Doctor in their new human form?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Agreed. Obviously laying the groundwork for future storylines with the 'dual doctor' thing. Still not sure who the bloke was who was the 'other' Doctor's boyfriend. Was he an alien? The other Time Lord, the Servalan character, seemed to know him (Sorry, not good on names).

Anyway, yes, easily the episode for years. I still feel the overall tone is a bit too 'breezy', but it was nice to get through an episode of modern BBC output (not just Dr Who), without being overly preached at.

Has been, but much less so in this episode. I enjoyed it considerably. The writers seem to have a cunning plan.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I was beginning to give up on Dr Who after last weeks very poor and disjointed episode, tonight's has got me back on board ! Clever, funny and intriguing.

Edit: Nice to see Captain Jack re-appear.

The face of Bo . . . I was distracted by the fact that he seems to have had a bereavement (to misquote Oscar Wilde) given that he's gone positively brunette with grief ???

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't he just the doctors companion? Like Martha in Human Nature/The Family of Blood - there to watch over the Doctor in their new human form?
Yeah, that's a good shout. Until otherwise corrected I'll go with that.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof

Was the 'Servelan' character (Gat or something) actually a Time Lord or just a Gallifreyan? I may have missed a bit them as I was watching it and doing something else due to low expectations. But I did enjoy it a fair bit. The 'other' Doctor's TARDIS was much nicer on the inside too :)

Could have done without Captain Jack coming back though :)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Was the 'Servelan' character (Gat or something) actually a Time Lord or just a Gallifreyan? I may have missed a bit them as I was watching it and doing something else due to low expectations. But I did enjoy it a fair bit. The 'other' Doctor's TARDIS was much nicer on the inside too :)

Could have done without Captain Jack coming back though :)
Dunno whether she was a Time Lord or not, I assumed she was, and yes the 'other' Doctor's Tardis was WAY better! Much more in keeping with the original. The 'real' Doctor's Tardis has been getting more and more ludicrous since the reboot.

I was quite pleased to see Cap'n Jack, but doesn't he become the Face of Boe?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Dunno whether she was a Time Lord or not, I assumed she was, and yes the 'other' Doctor's Tardis was WAY better! Much more in keeping with the original. The 'real' Doctor's Tardis has been getting more and more ludicrous since the reboot.

I was quite pleased to see Cap'n Jack, but doesn't he become the Face of Boe?

He does indeed - never been a big fan of him but I guess the callback was good.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
The 'other' Doctor's TARDIS was much nicer on the inside too :)

It looked to me like they re-used and re-dressed the first Doctor's TARDIS set from An Adventure in Space and Time.

... and yes, it was much nicer :)

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
It looked to me like they re-used and re-dressed the first Doctor's TARDIS set from An Adventure in Space and Time.

... and yes, it was much nicer :)
Yes, you may well be right - I must watch that again as it was excellent viewing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here