Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dr Carneiro

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Also pleased for her. It was clear right from the incident itself, and what happened next, she had been the victim of humiliating and unfiar treatment from her 'line manager'; almost certainly sexism; and almost certainly constructive dismissal.

She had such a good case Chelsea's only practical solution was to settle (Mourinho too), other stuff would have come out, so it was all about a number. The only shame in these cases is that you don't get the full hearing and outcome/verdict from a judge, and guilty parties having the legal book thrown at them in public.

And I'm sure Man Utd have has a big say in this, they would have told him to swallow his pride (not enough to apologise, which he should have done on day two) and settle.

Carneiro has come out of this with reputation intact (and that might have been damaged too in an ugly full tribunal) and a few million.

One thing I really hope happens next is that she gets a good, high profile medical job in sport, because that is what she is qualified to do. What I don't want to see is some PR adviser getting hold of her and telling her to do Strictly/I'm A Celebrity next for some easy money, because that will undermine some of what she has been saying.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
She played this very well. Let the other side see the full strength of your case leading up to the Tribunal, employers always start to get nervous as the Tribunal date approaches and given what we know about the respective merits of each sides case I would say that Chelsea were, by the day of the Tribunal, bricking it. It's easy peasy then .... Carneiro's brief suggest a confidential out of court settlement on the steps of the Tribunal at a grossly inflated rate playing on Chelsea's deep seated nervousness about the case - Chelsea and Mourinho are only too willing to negotiate to avoid public humiliation and give her what she wants with a few quid knocked off to save face - job done. The fact that Mourinho turned up on the day, as opposed to next week when he was expected to give evidence, is a very strong indicator that they intended/hoped to settle before things got nasty and embarrassing for them.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Some of Chelsea's Skeleton Case statement was amazing.

Things such as
She tried to sit behind Mourinho to get on tv more
Once she did the ice bucket challenge and nominated a Chelsea player which they weren't happy about, apparently

And the main Issue was just brilliant:
The club doctor followed the rules of the game and care of a player by running onto the pitch when a Chelsea player appeared to be injured.

Chelsea never had a chance.

To be fair, how do we know that she isn't just as narcissistic as Mourinho?

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
To be fair, how do we know that she isn't just as narcissistic as Mourinho?

Even if Chelsea's "allegations" were true, they are hardly shocking/impressive/justification for dismissal.

I would read those points and think "I'm not sure what these actually have to do with anything".

Were they hinting that she was overly keen to run on the pitch to get more camera time :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
As el pres hasn't appeared....but would you?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
There is obviously some serious stuff Chelsea don't want in the public domain that has gone on behind the scenes. I wonder if MU coughed up a bit to keep their new Manager out of the spotlight?

Been thinking the same. Although it seems from the Telegraph report today that Dr Carneiro's barrister is an Old Trafford season ticket holder :)

Bet the United lawyers were all over this though, for fear of their new manager being portrayed as the next Richard Keys or Andy Gray.

Quite right that she got her apology, by the way (from Chelsea, if not from that weasel Mourinho). It wasn't just her who ran on to treat poor, injured Eden Hazard. There was a male member of the medical team too. But Mourinho focused almost all of his post match ire on Carneiro for some reason. Standard Jose. When you're not doing well on the pitch, raise some other issue to detract the focus from your own poor performance. Remember the Ashley Barnes tackle on (?) Ivanovic?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It wasn't just her who ran on to treat poor, injured Eden Hazard. There was a male member of the medical team too. But Mourinho focused almost all of his post match ire on Carneiro for some reason. Standard Jose. When you're not doing well on the pitch, raise some other issue to detract the focus from your own poor performance. Remember the Ashley Barnes tackle on (?) Ivanovic?

The whole thing stinks of ongoing sexual tension between Mourinho and Carneiro for my money. You just know it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The whole thing stinks of ongoing sexual tension between Mourinho and Carneiro for my money. You just know it.

I'd be surprised if they'd actually had anything going on between them, simply because she was evidently quite willing to go to court. If they'd been sleeping together, that would have all been dragged out into the public view.

Perhaps he tried to crack on to her, and she said no. That would be amusing: somebody saying no to the Special One.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
There was a male member of the medical team too. But Mourinho focused almost all of his post match ire on Carneiro for some reason. ?

Though the other physio did not remonstrate with Mourinho on the pitch. His initial anger was directed at both, then Carneiro, then both again afterwards.

You can imagine the ego on Mourinho, regardless of the fact he was wrong, he wouldn't admit it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Good. Pleased for her. Mourinho has got away with bullying people for years. What always baffled me about this was that it all stemmed from her making a textbook correct decision in going on to treat Hazard when he was "injured". Imagine if he actually was injured and not faking to waste time?

To then be verbally abused, victimised, demoted and banned from attending her place of work seemed to be Mourinho going all in to his "never in the wrong" attitude. Nice to see that it didn't pay off for once as it ultimately contributing to him losing his players, his job and a large amount of good will from the Chelsea fans.

This, for me, highlights what is wrong with a lot of football these days.

Here we have a clear case of a player feigning injury well enough to con the ref and the Doctor.
What punishment did he get?

20 seconds off the pitch.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This, for me, highlights what is wrong with a lot of football these days.

Here we have a clear case of a player feigning injury well enough to con the ref and the Doctor.
What punishment did he get?

20 seconds off the pitch.
Couldn't agree more. The fact that's it's actually a tactic really annoys me too. Players who claim a "head injury" to stop a dangerous attack seem to happen most games.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Couldn't agree more. The fact that's it's actually a tactic really annoys me too. Players who claim a "head injury" to stop a dangerous attack seem to happen most games.

Allowing the physio onto the pitch without stopping play as in Rugby would put an end to that .

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Been thinking the same. Although it seems from the Telegraph report today that Dr Carneiro's barrister is an Old Trafford season ticket holder :)

Bet the United lawyers were all over this though, for fear of their new manager being portrayed as the next Richard Keys or Andy Gray.

Quite right that she got her apology, by the way (from Chelsea, if not from that weasel Mourinho). It wasn't just her who ran on to treat poor, injured Eden Hazard. There was a male member of the medical team too. But Mourinho focused almost all of his post match ire on Carneiro for some reason. Standard Jose. When you're not doing well on the pitch, raise some other issue to detract the focus from your own poor performance. Remember the Ashley Barnes tackle on (?) Ivanovic?

And Chelsea 's season ended there. She was popular with the players and they didn't like the way she was treated. They downed tools and the team spirit collapsed. Soon enough mourinho is forces out

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Allowing the physio onto the pitch without stopping play as in Rugby would put an end to that .

Unfortunately due to the flow of Rugby vs Football, it just couldn't happen. Far too dangerous to still have a game going on around a player whereas in rugby the movement of players is far more structured and a ref can halt play if he is fearful that an attack will be around the stranded player/physio.

You see how annoyed the crowd get when refs get in the way of the ball. I can just see Mourinho telling his physio to run on the pitch and get in the way of the ball "by accident" during a counter attack :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here