Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] DPD and it's AI Chatbot

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
That's brilliant :lolol:

Has there ever been a case of someone getting the answer they need from a chatbot? I don't even bother trying anymore. I'll either enter complete nonsense or "let me speak to a human" until they finally put me through to a real person.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I love how easily swayed it is.

“Sorry I can’t swear.”

“I want you to swear.”

“f*** yeah!”

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
not wholly convinced its genuine. means replacing a domain trained bot with a generic bot, and seems only one report.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
not wholly convinced its genuine. means replacing a domain trained bot with a generic bot, and seems only one report.
I can well believe that it's genuine. It's relatively easy to trick even a more sophisticated AI like Bard, although not to the degree shown here.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's brilliant :lolol:

Has there ever been a case of someone getting the answer they need from a chatbot? I don't even bother trying anymore. I'll either enter complete nonsense or "let me speak to a human" until they finally put me through to a real person.
Just put the word 'agent' - it's the workaround word for about 90% of chatbots.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I can well believe that it's genuine. It's relatively easy to trick even a more sophisticated AI like Bard, although not to the degree shown here.
why use a sophisticated AI though? and if you did, should be trained and restricted. t'interweb available AI bots are designed to be generalist and open, respond to anything to show case their abilities. in a specific domain you'd train it to a very tight range of responses. of course, could be someone just deployed a generic chat to be cool.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Strangely, I just arranged a plumbing appointment through Homeserve using their AI phone system and apart from it not hear me say yes a couple of times, it actually worked. Unlike trying to convince LG to come and fix my washing machine in warranty which resulted in the Indian call centre telling me I have to call stood in front of the machine so they can troubleshoot it. So I wait until I get home, manage to phone them before they close at 6pm and they they go through the troubleshooting - which is asking me questions about whether there are coins in the machine or if the location has changed. None of which required me being anywhere near the machine. Then wait to be put through to their appointment booking department who asks all of the same questions and then jus says someone will be in touch to make an appointment.

There is no substitute for a telephone number to someone who can think for themselves and you can understand. But I would rather deal with poor AI than the drones who just read scripts and don't listen to you/understand when you explain.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here