Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Downland being sold off by council

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
This is true, and I'm not being racist in anyway (I am at peace with my humanitarian views). Why don't the Goverment build new towns in Scotland, in view of the rapidly increasing population?

This is true in that Scotland will show as less populated. Though stats will show, I presume, that the Southeast is the most crowded area of the UK, or one of the most, it is really only as you approach London. If you take the train from Hastings to Sevenoaks, say, even allowing for Tun Wells and Tonbridge, there are miles and miles of open countryside. Of course, one must take into account that it is farmland, and countryside dwellers will resent giving up land, but there must surely be scope for some sort of compromise, whereby folk who need accommodation can have it, and yet the countryside is not bulldozed over.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
This is true in that Scotland will show as less populated. Though stats will show, I presume, that the Southeast is the most crowded area of the UK, or one of the most, it is really only as you approach London. If you take the train from Hastings to Sevenoaks, say, even allowing for Tun Wells and Tonbridge, there are miles and miles of open countryside. Of course, one must take into account that it is farmland, and countryside dwellers will resent giving up land, but there must surely be scope for some sort of compromise, whereby folk who need accommodation can have it, and yet the countryside is not bulldozed over.
Yeah but the south coast is very densely populated. Where will it all end? I still say we should encourage people to live out of the se.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Yeah but the south coast is very densely populated. Where will it all end? I still say we should encourage people to live out of the se.

You may well be right, and of course other areas are cheaper. But it is more easily said than done. Sussex has so much to offer and I would not want to move from here.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here