Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dover next weekend

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm certainly considering it. I've been to Crabble before, and it's a nice friendly little non-league ground, and a mate of mine is a BIG Dover fan. Yeah, I'll probably be going.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Don't know, sorry. I'll ask my Dover mate to see if anything has been announced. I went there for a League game a couple of seasons back and I think it was a tenner to get in. Not sure if it will be cheaper because it's pre-season or a bit more because we are presumably a bit of a draw.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't know, sorry. I'll ask my Dover mate to see if anything has been announced. I went there for a League game a couple of seasons back and I think it was a tenner to get in. Not sure if it will be cheaper because it's pre-season or a bit more because we are presumably a bit of a draw.

It will be the development squad as it's played at the same time as the Maidstone game.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It will be the development squad as it's played at the same time as the Maidstone game.

Good point, have they announced which fixture will be 1st team and which will be development, or are they both going to be a mixture? It's not as if Maidstone is any bigger a fixture than Dover.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Good point, have they announced which fixture will be 1st team and which will be development, or are they both going to be a mixture? It's not as if Maidstone is any bigger a fixture than Dover.

Well it's the opening of Maidstone's new ground, the biggest day in their history according to their fans. I know that doesn't mean much to us but I'm sure they would have asked for a 1st team. Also the Maidstone fixture is on the club website and the Dover game isn't.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's pay on the gate. Nearest pub it The Cricketers, and if walking up the next two are a fair distance. (The Bull and The Old Endeavour).

Train via Ashford is about £14 with railcard, and takes two and a half hours.

And as a last point The Red Lion On Charlton Green, does a nice pint of Harveys.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Well it's the opening of Maidstone's new ground, the biggest day in their history according to their fans. I know that doesn't mean much to us but I'm sure they would have asked for a 1st team. Also the Maidstone fixture is on the club website and the Dover game isn't.

Would have thought Maidstone would be a mix of 1st team and Dev Squad, not including players like Bridge, Kooshack, Vicente, Bruno etc and Dover having the rest of the Dev Squad, will probably be Oatway Juniors first game in the stripes too !!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My home town playing my adopted one at home................wish I could be there but just not going to happen :(

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here