Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Dover Advice

wurzelgull

Apr 1, 2016
Hello NSC,

I've done this as a separate thread as I'm looking for advice for myself and others only. Not a Brexit / blame the French etc space. Have a ferry booked for Tuesday.

Has anyone used the ferry recently? How early are you getting there? How long are you waiting? Is it as bad as they say? Should I cancel my whole holiday and throw a strop?

Hoping we can get some real time advice as the situation develops.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Cancel and book from Portsmouth ��

Smooth as a nut from Portsmouth on Friday

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I travelled on Friday. Ferry was 10pm. We heard about the carnage so set off in decent time and arrived at dover about 6pm. We were through border by seven and got put on an earlier ferry. Very lucky.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
friends got through without a queue around 8:30 yesturday. looks like a lottery, what time you get there, where problems are as dover, folkstone, euro tunnel all reporting seperate delays. might calmed down by Tuesday

if i were going i'd look to go through Newhaven, longer sea cross off sets couple hours by road and a less uncertainty. only 3 crossing though so might not work for all.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Hello NSC,

I've done this as a separate thread as I'm looking for advice for myself and others only. Not a Brexit / blame the French etc space. Have a ferry booked for Tuesday.

Has anyone used the ferry recently? How early are you getting there? How long are you waiting? Is it as bad as they say? Should I cancel my whole holiday and throw a strop?

Hoping we can get some real time advice as the situation develops.

I hear next week could be a bottleneck. Loads of bookings.

If I were you, I'd stay in Blighty and go to Butlins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here