Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Dortmund v Schalke

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
People saying it’s shite, genuine question - do you like football, the sport? Like do you enjoy watching football, skill, tactics, decent moves?

I’m definitely in the camp who enjoy the day out, the mates, the beers more than anything and a good away day will never be spoilt by the score. I also agree this is strange BUT......I like football, so have quite enjoyed it seeing pro football once again.

We’ll have to get used to this over the next couple of years.

When will clubs be allowed to have fans passing each other in rows of seats, stairwells, concourses, park n ride, turnstiles? 2022?

Watching this, the big losers will be Massive and CPFC because they say they have the most fervent supporters, with an incredibly febrile home atmosphere. For now, all lost.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
It’s a bit boring but I know the square root of **** all about German football. Suffice to say my super 6 predictions will not be netting me any dosh this week

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I’ve given up on the Dortmund game because McMannaman is so boring. I’ve flicked over to Leipzig v Freiburg just in time to hear a train go past the stadium.
The long term damage to football without fans will be very bad for clubs. I can see a lot of fans habits changing with new found activities that will result In their interest in football waning.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
People saying it’s shite, genuine question - do you like football, the sport? Like do you enjoy watching football, skill, tactics, decent moves?

I’m definitely in the camp who enjoy the day out, the mates, the beers more than anything and a good away day will never be spoilt by the score. I also agree this is strange BUT......I like football, so have quite enjoyed it seeing pro football once again.

Yes, better than nothing.

I watched Nimes v Paris SG earlier - obviously an old recording. I had no idea what the score was from whenever this was played. PSG went 2 up, then a stirring comeback, roared on by the Nimes faithful, saw them equalise. Mbappe and some guy from Nimes were sent off. Then PSG scored 3 more for a 5-2 win.

It was much more enjoyable, despite not being live.

Dortmund have played some great football, and are 4 up, but it's like watching a training session. Just seems a bit irrelevant.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I enjoyed that. It was quite welcome under the circumstances.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Soulless rubbish, not interested have hit the OFF button......time for Series 3 of On the buses.

No fans no football........I will find it very very hard to watch BHA on TV in an empty Amex

I think the big moment for me will be how I would feel, if it gets played of course, when Sussex By The Sea blasts out as the players emerge. I assume they will play it, but no crowd there, no clapping along to it, no singing along to it, just the players walking out to the pitch in an empty Amex, whilst the substitutes spread out to sit apart across an empty West Lower wearing face masks............

At best it will just be seriously weird, because I do not want to get used to seeing it.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
CA0DB85A-ACCC-4CCC-834A-A427AD6F1848.jpeg

Goal celebration

Durlston

"Southgate, you're the one!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
I love Paolo Guerrero.

The Peru striker got a brace this afternoon and always seems to do well in the Copa America with first/last goalscorer in matches. Now 36 - I doubt if he'll play in another international tournament with this summer's event postponed. Peru are usually the dark horses.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex

Agreed.

Mikey_Barcelona

Mar 8, 2020
I've missed it... It was that bad without fans? At least top football (bye Belarus!) is playing again, I think this is huge, given the circumstances.

Just look at how many TV stations (and bookmakers) are broadcasting this one. I am pretty sure five months ago this kind of match was available only on streaming. Bundesliga clubs will make some good money in the upcoming month, until more top leagues will resume.

I'm also waiting for tennis to resume, probably in the fall. Basically, it will be much easier for tennis, not sure why they postpone it so much.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
It grew on me, but it does need a DJ or something to get rid of that reverb around an empty stadium. I'd never normally want that but this is not normal.

It worries me how many mid-Table teams will put in a real, match day shift once the PL restarts. And how many will do a Schalke and not really turn up. Hey ho.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The football equivalent of horizontal jogging with a literal bin bag on the old feller.

But still, who wants to die a virgin?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here