Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't think Sami will go

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Was chatting to someone from the club yesterday who knows his stuff, he is also completely baffled by the current tactics. Wonder when the light will come on amongst the 'senior management' ?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wonder if TB insisted on bringing in an experienced no 2 somebody akin to Lennie Lawrence to assist SH would that help. Without any real knowledge of his input, as per most on here, I have considered for some time that NJ as no 2 is the problem.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I was never too happy with Sami's appointment, I wanted either Sherwood or Clement, but got behind him when he arrived. His decision not to concentrate on hiring an assistant seemed very amateurish. He is taking us backwards. We are worse in Attack, Midfield and defence this season. He needs to go. Jones too.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I fear you are right. The sooner he goes the better in my opinion. Iv'e never seen NSC so unanimous! Listen to the fans Tony.

It is strange. Any poor performing manager we have had over the years have still divided opinion but you are right. Nearly everyone wants him Out. I cant remember this happening before.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Just wondering if any manager has pulled around a side he was in charge of after such a poor start or even run? Do players simply stop believing or lose confidence and a change of personel is an absolute necessary? If that is the case, then he may as well go now.

Ferguson at Manchester United. One game away from being sacked then it all changed

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The fans wanted Big Sam out at West Ham but he has turned it around in recent games and as the abover poster said some 15 years or so ago Sir Alex was 1 game from the sack, the rest is history.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Ferguson at Manchester United. One game away from being sacked then it all changed

The fans wanted Big Sam out at West Ham but he has turned it around in recent games and as the abover poster said some 15 years or so ago Sir Alex was 1 game from the sack, the rest is history.

Ferguson had a UEFA Cup under his belt from Aberdeen. Erm, what has Hyypia won as a manager? Comparing the managerial abilities of Hyypia and Ferguson is like comparing the acting abilities of Al Pacino and Dick Van Dyke.

Last edited:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Out this week I feel......

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
I wonder if TB insisted on bringing in an experienced no 2 somebody akin to Lennie Lawrence to assist SH would that help. Without any real knowledge of his input, as per most on here, I have considered for some time that NJ as no 2 is the problem.

A problem, the THE problem.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
There is plenty of time yet today.....if he stays, I don't think I will be able to turn the TV on Sunday, it could be an epic embarrassment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Ferguson had a UEFA Cup under his belt from Aberdeen. Erm, what has Hyypia won as a manager? Comparing the managerial abilities of Hyypia and Ferguson is like comparing the acting abilities of Al Pacino and Dick Van Dyke.

No one is comparing their respective ability just giving an example of a manager who was 1 game away from the sack as somne are suggesting for SH and turned it around.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If not today IMHO will not happen. It will not be after Spurs as we would expect to lose that and not before Bournemouth. If TB doesnt want to pull the trigger now, why would he do it a the end of the week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here