Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Don't go to bed early tonight.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This is all supposition but, the Club have clearly been trying to get Marshall over the line (which is were our weakness really is, lack of creativity in midfield). Blackburn rejected our final bid in the last few days. Club are concerned about the negativity due to lack of signings going in to the new Season. Therefore, rather then wait it out for Zamora to sign a contract on their terms they agreed to one more at his end of the bargaining table just to get something done. /cynic

Happy that we've signed Zamora but he's not what we need right now, we already have one big lad who rarely scores. We need players that are going to give Hemed and Baldock some service.

I have a feeling that Blackburn are putting the Marshall deal off until they've played us. They are stalling on transfers to Championship teams for some reason. How they haven't taken the rumoured £12m for Rhodes is beyond me.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
No, not remotely concerned as they were much older, and nearing the end of their careers.

30+ appearances in the PL last season seems more relevant.
Bobby was already 6 seasons into his career when Shearer retired.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Moments like what? I only want to watch a team that's good at playing football, Zamora is not getting us anywhere closer to that.

How many players are we short of team that you want to watch ?
Any one of our players that you think are good at playing football ?

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I am reading this thread with goose bumps - Zam maybe a little more injury prone but look at Kevin Phillips, still scoring goals until he was 40 - think this will prove to be a very shrewd signing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Very, very pleased that Bobby is back... now get a winger (preferably 2) and CB in... job done...

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
How many players are we short of team that you want to watch ?
Any one of our players that you think are good at playing football ?

Two good wingers and a creative midfielder.

Kayal is very good at football and our best player by a mile, Baldock, Lua Lua, Ince, Stephens, Dunk, Rosenior, Caskey, Bong are also good. The rest I can take or leave.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Flag to mast first, YESSSSSSSSSSS
But then, my flag waving, season ticket holding, fanatic fan Daughter said "who is he? He's 34 years old"
One year, get us up, big pay day bonus for him, job done.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
#kickharder

#bruisedtoe

There was NO way Zamora was ever going to play tonight.

Club: Bob - you could do with getting a few competitive minutes under your belt.
Bobby: Yeah - a run out would be good. Blow the cobwebs away.
Club: Excellent - the under 21s are playing Monday night, you'll love it.
Bobby: Ooohhhh. Ouch. My groin.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here