Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Don’t forget clocks go back tonight

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
for those of you who give a sh&t …and want the extra hour in bed … a little help
IMG_0712.jpeg

(I’ll add that my kitchen clock never gets put back - it stays as it is all year round because I cant be bothered to get a step ladder out and change it.)

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
What happens to +1 channels?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Forgot about this, thanks

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I once laughed at some work friends who turned up an hour late after the clocks went forward. Only I had a power cut when at work that day. I put the clocks right afterwards and turned up an hour late for work the following day. I had righted them via the only timer in the house that I hadn't adjusted.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Means you've got to get up for 0830 to watch England lose to India tomorrow morning rather than 0930.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
Oven clocks don’t get set because we get so many power cuts they only stay set for a week or so.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
The guide doesn't cover Grand Father clocks

My clock isn't keen on having the hands moved - so I have to adjust it by removing the pendulum so it ticks faster (if it's slow - or putting the clock forward), or by simply stopping it. I shall do the latter tomorrow.

Trouble is - I often forget to start it again at the right time, so either have to play catch up - or wait 12/24 hours.....

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
I don’t like moving the hands on my watch back and can’t be bothered to wind it 23 hours forward, so I just pulled the winder out to stop it and came back to it later. I next looked at it EXACTLY an hour later, so just popped the winder back with no other adjustment. Spooky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here