dont care if i get banned cos its been posted before!!!!

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

teaboy

Jul 5, 2003
My house
How much actual time did it take you? And how much actual time did it used to take? And what were you planning to do with the 'lost' minutes? And why do you think you're the only person that roads are for?

Baron Pepperpot

Jul 26, 2012
Brighton
I would like to say, to prove the theory about equal and opposite reactions, that I got home from the AMEX in record time last night because of the bus lanes !

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I'm not a big fan of the new layout.

I went out on Friday night, I was on the bus heading south, and at The Avenue got stuck behind a 49 with loads of people getting on, no one was getting on our bus. As the traffic was queued up past The Avenue at 7.15, the bus couldn't pull out, so we had to wait 5 mins for the 49 to move off. Then the same thing happened at every stop into town. Despite no one wanting our bus we couldn't go around.

When I was coming along yesterday there were 4 buses all sitting at The Avenue stop waiting for the bus in front to pull away, and the traffic was queued back to Moulsecoomb Way at midday on a Saturday, it has never been that bad before. The 28 & 29 may as well not be limited stop any more as they can't pass the buses in front.

I also understand that the accident at Coldean Lane was as a result of a car moving across the bus and cycle lane to head up Coldean Lane and being hit by a bus, this will unlikely be the last of this type of accident, and I am glad I am not a cyclist coming through that junction, it must be very scary sandwiched between buses and cars.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
:facepalm:

How many thousands of ignoramouses need to be told that the new lanes were an initiative of the former council and had cross party support. I was only speaking to a Tory councillor yesterday who said that 'On the whole they are a good idea'

But it was the green party who pushed it though early and even the second stage they have not waited for any facts and are pushing it though too early.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports