Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't blame Oscar

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
I certainly don't blame Oscar. I do have a question though, somewhere in the LMA handbook does it state "no matter how depleted your team is, and however much you are chasing a game you CANNOT START LuaLua or introduce him before the 70 minute mark".

?

He started against Newport and was totally marked out of the game by their fullback.

I certainly don't blame Oscar. I do have a question though, somewhere in the LMA handbook does it state "no matter how depleted your team is, and however much you are chasing a game you CANNOT START LuaLua or introduce him before the 70 minute mark".

I should imagine that Oscars decision to put LuaLua on the bench was due to the fact that he was shockingly poor against Newport after starting the game. However, I do agree that he should have come on earlier and with Ulloa was the only player that caused them problems.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You asked about who was to blame for our current position and the answer is as I said whoever sacked Poyet and the took no positive action to replace him immediately.

Gus was officially sacked on a sunday, Oscar was officially hired on the following wednesday, how much quicker did you want it to happen?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Go check again what I was replying to and please tell me when anyone at Brighton 'sacked' Gus Poyet?

I don't get what you're being pedantic about. Gus's employment was terminated as a result of an investigation into allegations of gross misconduct/breach of contract. He was sacked.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
I don't get what you're being pedantic about. Gus's employment was terminated as a result of an investigation into allegations of gross misconduct/breach of contract. He was sacked.

In the OP it's seems as though someone at the club decided to change managers but did it badly and slowly, when it was Gus who initiated events, that's the point I was trying to make. The club reacted to Gus's actions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here