Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donny fan here

Johnny Fever

Jan 11, 2010
"THE FANS UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED" I can still hear that being sung even after all these years. I would just love to hear Albion and Donny fans singing that again on the day

Absolutely PERFECT opening fixture, exactly the team I wanted. I'm sure I speak for a whole LOAD of Brighton fans when I say that Donny hold a very special place in my heart, not just for being there on that rainy day way back when, but also for the conduct of everyone involved. The banner the players brought round before the game brought a lump to the throat.

While it might seem obvious that teams and fans felt for us and what we were going through, the two extremes will always live in my memory, and my feelings for the two clubs are indelibly marked.

Leyton Orient - (for pktdfc, who might not know) whose players shouted, swore and spat at us in the North, they will forever be lowlife in my eyes, courtesy of teh behaviour of Carl Griffiths, Scott McGleish, and Barry Hearn didn't do himself any favours post-match.

Doncaster meanwhile turned up with the banner. That was going above and beyond for me, and I will always have a very special place in my heart for them because of it.

I honestly couldn't think of a better team to welcome into our new home for opening day. If we could also have repeat of the result, maybe without the red cards, that would be absolutely spot on.

Good post - warmed the cockles I have to say!

Tbh any fixture would fill my heart with emotional fluids, but this one just does feel a bit nice.
It'll be an all-around love-in, if your going to Amex Stadium be prepared to wear confetti in your hair
[yt]bch1_Ep5M1s[/yt]

So - how should (and do) Doncaster fans see this as their opening fixture?

Are they likely to say "crap, don't want to cross that ground off my list, not bothered to see league-1-winning chancers BHAFC at their new ground" or "oh damn they are going to want to open with a win very badly" ?

Or...."let's go make a match of it and pinch the points and make history with our name on it - they'll be nervous", or "great awayday, luxury unsoiled seats in the dry....bring an atmosphere and let's see a quality game in a quality stadium" ?

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Well it seems the fixtures computer is an old romantic, it's almost like someone has chosen it... Anyway, we're chuffed to bits with what is bound to be an emotional fixture.

I notice one or two disappointed posts on here, yes we're a small club from deepest South Yorkshire but we have a side who get the ball down and try to play football the right way. There's every chance this will be a cracking tie on the pitch as well as an emotional one in the stands.

I'm really looking forward to it. All the best.

I think we can say for sure that this fixture was a manual entry into the fixture computer and good job too

sod1

Jan 12, 2008
Brasov , Romania
really looking forward to this fixture , i was worried about not being able to get a ticket for the first Amex game.. not anymore ! happy days !!

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
last game at the Goldstone Doncaster first game at the Amex Doncaster could not be better and I will be able to say I was at both games

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A perfect first game, most older BHA fans of the Goldstone era will be delighted to welcome you down to the Amex. Anyone would think the fixtures computer got a heart!!!!

Agree with this totally, there is little romance in football these days but if you had offered both sets of fans this fixture in the late 90's I'm not sure that many would have turned you down. Both were badly run and on their way to hell with little chance of getting back again, maybe the brink of oblivion. It is true that we have waited a little longer than Donny to get where we wanted, namely having a ground that we could call our own, but we are there at last. I reckon it is fitting that they are the first team to play a league fixture at Falmer having been the last at the Goldstone. The result is of course important, but it doesn't harm to look back and realise how far you have come...that applies to both clubs!

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
It would be a terrible shame if donny don't sell-out and i hope the club will release some to home fans as we certainly need more tickets:)

Great first fixture

South Stand Bonfire

Who lit that match then?
NSC Patron
Jan 24, 2009
Shoreham-a-la-mer
You could tried Bulldog in St James St, Kemptown. They are always very accommodating....(apparently!!)

Wow a fixture i think many of us knew this was going to be the first 1 given our history with each other obviously i am not going to say good luck for this fixture but i will say good luck for rest of the season . Anyway i will be travelling down prob day before for this game is there any cheapish hotels and any good pubs you guys can recommend.

Dubai rover

Jun 17, 2011
Agree with this totally, there is little romance in football these days but if you had offered both sets of fans this fixture in the late 90's I'm not sure that many would have turned you down. Both were badly run and on their way to hell with little chance of getting back again, maybe the brink of oblivion. It is true that we have waited a little longer than Donny to get where we wanted, namely having a ground that we could call our own, but we are there at last. I reckon it is fitting that they are the first team to play a league fixture at Falmer having been the last at the Goldstone. The result is of course important, but it doesn't harm to look back and realise how far you have come...that applies to both clubs!

Well said that man, I don't care what the score is on the day, I just want a weekend out and celebrate what both clubs have achieved. I hope its a great game of football as that is what we both want. Although we do not own our ground or have the history that you have, we have been though a recent history of been royal'y shafted and getting back up there. No love in for 90 minutes but mutual respect, hope the atmosphere is amazing, we are good away from home and for this, which I told my Albion friends recently is the one I hope for.:bhasign::falmer:
RTID

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Brighton & Hove Albion are BACK!!

Let the good times roll!!!!!!
:amex::flameboun

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
What a perfect fixture,good luck Donny....for the rest of the season... apart from this game and March the 3rd...would settle for the Goldstone result again.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I remember the game at Belle Vue when we sang "Richardson Out" and Brighton fans went on the pitch at half time and then stormed the directors box. My last visit to the Keepmoat was an evening match (0-0 bore draw ?) with us singing the popular chant of "Super , super Mark , super super Mark , super super Mark , supermarket trolley" whenever McCammon fluffed it.

Dubai rover

Jun 17, 2011
I remember the game at Belle Vue when we sang "Richardson Out" and Brighton fans went on the pitch at half time and then stormed the directors box. My last visit to the Keepmoat was an evening match (0-0 bore draw ?) with us singing the popular chant of "Super , super Mark , super super Mark , super super Mark , supermarket trolley" whenever McCammon fluffed it.

Thats the game I refered to earlier, we both went on the pitch, magic, up the Albion, The fans United will never be defeated!!!
Richardson was a our chairman and a pikey, he tried to burn down the ground, unfortunately the ex special forces guys he employed didn't realise the fire station was less than a mile away, he also dropped his phone, last number dialled to Richardson!! who ended up in jail for it!!!
You couldnt make it up,what a twat, he was also banned from all horse racing for entering a horse that was not the one he entered, god bless John Ryan our new chairman and the Keepmoat 2 who are loaded and we would be fooked without.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here