Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dongles for France?

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Our eldest daughter is offto France for a few months and wants me to buy her a DONGLE! Being a bit of a techophobe, I haven't got a clue where to start. She just wants to be able to log on to the web every now and again, nothing too heavy. Any advice gratefully received.

Ned

Real Northern Monkey
Jul 16, 2003
At Home
Better she goes to a cafe or such where she can get free wifi access

Slowhand

Aug 24, 2005
Near Lewes
Check to see what the cost of data download per MB would be in Europe. With a lot of mobile data tariffs 'unlimited data' can be included in the monthly cost for a dongle in the UK and very, very expensive when you use it out of the country?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I enquired about the same in both o2 who I have a dongle from and Vodafone who my mobile is with and both said that a dongle bought in this country is very expensive to use. Cheapest way is to buy either a dongle in France on french airwaves or a dongle that has been unlocked and buy a data sim which they may be reluctant to sell. So the answer seems to buy a dongle in France and apparently they are very cheap in Europe. from about EU15 either PAYG which are rare or contract.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
Don't buy a dongle from the UK, if she wants to use it in France, you (or she) will be paying international rates every time she uses it. She needs one from a French mobile company.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Gents - much appreciated - as ever, NSC is the best place for info (unless, of course, it relates to potential player signings)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here