Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Done for Speeding

Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
Like he said, speed awareness course maybe ??? They do it all over the place, did mine up race course last year, did mine at 8or9 in the morning.

Thought mine at withers started at 9 but checked the email at 7.40 in the morning only to discover it was at 8....

Made it from Peacehaven with a minute to spare !!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
They may offer you the speed awareness course at Brighton Racetrack on a Saturday from 12 midday for about 4hours take it then you get no points.

They are also held on weekdays, somewhere in Brighton.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought mine at withers started at 9 but checked the email at 7.40 in the morning only to discover it was at 8....

Made it from Peacehaven with a minute to spare !!!

Having reached speeds of up to 65mph outside Roedean.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Got one in Surrey this summer 1st one since 1978 when I passed my test. Only slightly over but didn't get offered the coarse, I assumed it was because I lived in Sussex and the offence was in Surrey. Should have taken it to court because i drove the road again and the speed sign was not exactly visible because it was laying at an angle and I assumed a straight dual carriage way with central barrier was at least 60 and I was doing 56 in a 50.

D

Deleted member 2719

Got one in Surrey this summer 1st one since 1978 when I passed my test. Only slightly over but didn't get offered the coarse, I assumed it was because I lived in Sussex and the offence was in Surrey. Should have taken it to court because i drove the road again and the speed sign was not exactly visible because it was laying at an angle and I assumed a straight dual carriage way with central barrier was at least 60 and I was doing 56 in a 50.

You could have tried but there zero tolerance is very apparent, anything to raise their revenue with no real policing involved seems to be the modern method.

I always wanted to be a copper but with the modern way the police work they really don't do themselves or their reputation and good.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You could have tried but there zero tolerance is very apparent, anything to raise their revenue with no real policing involved seems to be the modern method.

I always wanted to be a copper but with the modern way the police work they really don't do themselves or their reputation and good.

Au contraire. The people giving out the tickets don't give a toss about revenue: what do we ever see of it? It means nothing to us on the front line. I would rather somebody got the chance to consider their driving and perhaps learn something. The whole thing is moving far, far more towards diversion and education than fines. Within a few months, there will be courses offered for various other traffic offences, not just speeding or drink drivers. At the end of the day the aim is to reduce casualties on the roads, and giving out tickets all day won't change that. Rather contradicts your statement, don't you think?

D

Deleted member 2719

Au contraire. The people giving out the tickets don't give a toss about revenue: what do we ever see of it? It means nothing to us on the front line. I would rather somebody got the chance to consider their driving and perhaps learn something. The whole thing is moving far, far more towards diversion and education than fines. Within a few months, there will be courses offered for various other traffic offences, not just speeding or drink drivers. At the end of the day the aim is to reduce casualties on the roads, and giving out tickets all day won't change that. Rather contradicts your statement, don't you think?

No comment.:drama:

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
I would assume, if you've been sent a conditional offer for a fixed penalty notice, that you were cautioned and reported for the offence by the officer who stopped you at the time he did so.

No written notice is required if you were warned at the time that you may be prosecuted. The written NIP applies more often to fixed cameras, or [suspected] offences where you weren't spoken to by police at the time of committing them.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but- assuming the officer has done his bit, and there isn't usually much to say to someone caught speeding other than tell them they're being reported & caution them- then he/she has no need to send you an NIP.

Ok that makes sense - thanks for the info! I will pay up then!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If u was caught in Hampshire! ( I've been done for speeding in Hampshire before) , the speed awareness course might be in Hampshire as well...

Had friend caught for speeding in brighton, they had to travel 50 miles back to brighton to do the course to avoid points..

I was done in South Wales but did the SAC in Wolverhampton as the nearest convenient location. You get the option online once they send you the "offer"

- - - Updated - - -

If u was caught in Hampshire! ( I've been done for speeding in Hampshire before) , the speed awareness course might be in Hampshire as well...

Had friend caught for speeding in brighton, they had to travel 50 miles back to brighton to do the course to avoid points..

I was done in South Wales but did the SAC in Wolverhampton as the nearest convenient location. You get the option online once they send you the "offer"

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Did my SAC at East Sussex National Golf club a couple of weeks ago.

Found it very interesting and certainly worth the £85 to keep the points off your licence.

Also found myself being more aware of speed limits without relying on signs (if you've done the course you will know what I mean!)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here