Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Done deal

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London

Jimmy Grimble

Found this article on him: http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-manchester-uniteds-old-trafford-8818155.html

Not sure how I feel about this quote:

It was a strange working dynamic. Hyypia was not fully qualified to coach, so he was “teamchef”, the figurehead and dressing-room motivator. Lewandowski was “cheftrainer”, in charge of training and tactics, the Malcolm Allison to Hyypia’s Joe Mercer. But the arrangement worked. Leverkusen finished 2011-12 sufficiently well that Hyypia and Lewandowski kept their job-share through 2012-13. Hyypia had to learn on the job, while studying for more coaching qualifications, and even said he was “still figuring out if I am a good manager”.

Certainly places a fair bit of importance on who he chooses as his assistant.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is a SUPERB appointment. Played at the top level in England for a decade with Liverpool, played 105 times for Finland, managed in Germany with all the big boys. A FANTASTIC appointment. I am very very happy tonight. Well done Tony Bloom !

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Well personally I'd rather us play a German style of football rather than the Spanish style so I'm hoping he plays that way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here