Doncaster Rovers vs Brighton & Hove Albion ***** Official Match Thread *****

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
A point away from home combined with winning at The Amex is still play off form. I don't understand Gus ranting about the state of the pitch , the players should be adaptable to what the Donny players are used to every other week when they play at home.

pubteam

Feb 28, 2012
I'm not sure if it had any affect on the officials but before the game the Doncaster chairman was talking up the ref as well as going on about the Dunk tackle again.

I don't know how you work that out, because John Ryan isn't even in the country at the minute.

He must have been talking pretty loudly...

pubteam

Feb 28, 2012
It was in his column in the programme.

Fair enough. I don't buy a programme so haven't seen it.

I think it's pretty far fetched to say it had an effect on the officials though. The ref was very poor for both sides - very inconsistent and didn't let the game flow. Having said that, he called the penalty decision correctly.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Fair enough. I don't buy a programme so haven't seen it.

I think it's pretty far fetched to say it had an effect on the officials though. The ref was very poor for both sides - very inconsistent and didn't let the game flow. Having said that, he called the penalty decision correctly.

Penalty was too far away for me to see but I'm not sure what anyone had to do to get booked for the constant assaults on Craig Mackail Smith in the first half.

Diouf should have been booked for diving as well.

pubteam

Feb 28, 2012
Fair enough. I agree that it shouldn't have really been mentioned, but it's hardly provocative. It just basically says it was a bad tackle and that John thought it was a red card, he doesn't really go any further than that.

pubteam

Feb 28, 2012
Penalty was too far away for me to see but I'm not sure what anyone had to do to get booked for the constant assaults on Craig Mackail Smith in the first half.

Diouf should have been booked for diving as well.

Yes, Diouf should have been booked. But CMS did spend about half the game on his arse - not sure he was being "assaulted" but he did seem to go down very easily on some occasions.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thats another away game by not going for the jugular that we come back with points dropped away from home. Either one or none. Off top of my head Millwall a, Watford a, Cov a and now Donny.

When will we start killing teams off :(

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes, Diouf should have been booked. But CMS did spend about half the game on his arse - not sure he was being "assaulted" but he did seem to go down very easily on some occasions.

He was on his arse because your defenders kept kicking him up in the air!

pubteam

Feb 28, 2012
He was on his arse because your defenders kept kicking him up in the air!

I don't think he was "kicked" any more/less than any other striker in the average game. This won't be a popular thing to say on here, but it seemed like he was either incapable of coping with the physical side of the game thus ended up on the floor for any slight shove, or he was just trying to win free kicks so was throwing himself to the floor easily. He played like Luis Suarez today - very theatrical any time he felt a touch. I know your gaffer has a soft spot for Suarez, so maybe it isn't so much of a coincidence.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
It's the South American influence

Oh do f*** off , were you at the game ? (bet you paid a quid to get into the Groupon Stadium today) To be fair both sides were getting away with too much because the ref was so shit today.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Thats another away game by not going for the jugular that we come back with points dropped away from home. Either one or none. Off top of my head Millwall a, Watford a, Cov a and now Donny.

When will we start killing teams off :(

We had three or four periods where we looked like we could really kick on and kill them off, disappointing we didnt. Wonder if it was the fact we seemed to struggle with their physical way of playing?

Also I didnt see the home game last week but I was disappointed with Razak yesterday, hoping he just had an off day???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports