2012033Doncaster.jpg

Doncaster per game average
Goals 0.97
Shots 8.23
On Goal 3.71
Fouls 9.58
Yellow Cards 1.48
Red Cards 0.06
Most fouls in a game without yellow cards: 17 (v Hull)

Brighton per game average
Goals 1.18
Shots 7.91
On Goal 3.39
Fouls 10.33
Yellow Cards 2.18
Red Cards 0.18
Most fouls in a game without yellow cards: 8 (v Bristol, v Coventry, v Hull)

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
A win today will likely put us into 6th in the league, and possibly even up to 5th. If were to win by 8 goals we could find ourselves up into 4th, overtaking Blackpool on goal difference. Going the other way, the lowest we could slip today is down one place to 8th, with Hull having drawn to Blackpool last night.

It looks likely that Middlesbrough will keep pace with us as they face off against financially troubled Portsmouth, whilst Birmingham will probably feel disappointed if they don't pick up all three points from an off form Derby. Looking forwards to tomorrow, anything but a win for Cardiff will result in the best league position for us, although a draw may be preferable if we want to chase the automatic promotion places at the top of the table.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What have you done!

Yeah really not going to happen, but thought it was worth noting. Nudging our way into 6th seems the most likely result, but if Cardiff manage to beat West Ham everything will go back to how it was and things will be getting ridiculously tight.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah really not going to happen, but thought it was worth noting.
I'm not sure it was, you may have cursed us. Like when the opposition makes a sub and everyone shouts 'who', and the sub then scores. I think we did it to two subs against west ham at the withdean, and they both scored (I reserve the right to have completely made that up).

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
I'm not sure it was, you may have cursed us. Like when the opposition makes a sub and everyone shouts 'who', and the sub then scores. I think we did it to two subs against west ham at the withdean, and they both scored (I reserve the right to have completely made that up).

Damn, I'm always accidentally cursing results. Need to watch what I say, or possibly get a block of wood to touch.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We need a Donny fan on here saying they're going to thrash us, to balance the bad luck.

Last edited:

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Damn, I'm always accidentally cursing results. Need to watch what I say, or possibly get a block of wood to touch.
To make amends, you need to predict a Palarse victory against Posh. Hopefully that should result in a 6-0 win for the visitors :lol:

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Just listened to the Razak interview after last weekends game. Not only is he quality on the pitch, he says all the right things too. What a pro. This guy is going to be the difference for us during the run-in.

BBC Sport - Brighton loanee Abdul Razak aiming to improve

Donny's pith is shared with rugby though isn't it? It may have the same issues as the Hull pitch. I think that might make it tricky for him, and for our play style in general.

He sounds class though, annoyingly I haven't seen him yet. Hopefully he'll play on Wednesday and I can get a look at him.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
Donny's pith is shared with rugby though isn't it? It may have the same issues as the Hull pitch. I think that might make it tricky for him, and for our play style in general.

He sounds class though, annoyingly I haven't seen him yet. Hopefully he'll play on Wednesday and I can get a look at him.

It will be a little bit tricky today because of the pitch but no major problem imo.

Last weekend Razak stood out in the same way Bobby Z did back in the day. You just know he is playing beneath his level. I hope that is not too much of a teaser for you. :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Scouting Report for Doncaster (A)

Three asterisks each side, surely?

This is chaos.

Scouting Report for Doncaster (A)
Doncaster Rovers F.C. - Wikipedia

El-Hadji Diouf: known for his spittle as well as dribbling

El-Hadji Diouf: Telegraph

Not playing: Billy Sharp: carrying an injury in the match at the Amex. The liability was finally taken off after a challenge by Dunk finally got the ailing striker to admit he was not fit enough to play. Offloaded to Southampton who would not buy him when he was not fit. Doncaster are better off without him.

James Coppinger: this player is meant to be their engine. Albion must beware after coming a cropper to the midfield activities of McSheffery (Coventry) and McAnuff (reading).

Mamadou Bagayoko Dunk is the natural counter to the taller striker whose two goals were not enough to beat Leeds.

James Hayter: fastest hatrick
BBC SPORT | Football | English Div 2 | Hayter hits fastest treble

Pascal Chimbonda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Doncaster have suffered mostly be selling their best players to Leicester City, notably Wellens and Mills.

Keepmoat Stadium
Mark McCammon was the first player ever to score on the new pitch
Football Ground Guide: Keepmoat Stadium, Doncaster Rovers FC

Conclusion: although going down this year, Doncaster Rovers have players that can upset other players (not necessarily in the opposition). Look out for their mascot. She is a Dog.

I still think Albion will win. We nearly messed it up at home with the new stadium nerves.

Doncaster v BHA - Score Predictor

Doncaster have been boosted with the news that forward James Coppinger is in contention to start after recovering from a broken cheekbone.
Carl Ikeme will start in goal after rejoining on loan from Wolves, with David Button returning to Tottenham.

BBC Sport - Doncaster v Brighton

Latest Rovers team:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/cc_championship/doncaster/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/12/02/25/manual_132817.html&TEAMHD=doncaster&D

Last edited:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Cheers for that :)

Is your next game on tv?

Doubt it. Cardiff are on TV against West Ham on Sunday. They would have complaints from the advertisers if they were on for three weeks on the trot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here