Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doncaster Belles' need you suport

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Surely if a club finishes second from bottom out of eight clubs in the most recently completed league, it is possible to justify them starting in the second tier in the re-arranged league format?

It is bizarre that considerations of the current season are not being used, but if they are deciding which clubs are going to be where next season in this moment in time (making the current season irrelevant), it can be reasonably argued that Doncaster Belles should start in the second tier.

(Apologies if I'm missing something in all of this).

What Doncaster Belles did in the 1990s is irrelevant to what league they should start next season...

Yes, but promoting clubs who finished lower than them (and not promoting teams who finished above that team) is completely illogical. As is making a decision on who plays where after only one game of the preceding season.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, but promoting clubs who finished lower than them (and not promoting teams who finished above that team) is completely illogical. As is making a decision on who plays where after only one game of the preceding season.

I agree with you, but I find the emphasis of the stories on Doncaster Belles somehow being wronged seem to be based on rather weak points. By all means challenge Manchester City's right to get 'promoted' (on the basis of their infrastructure) if their results on the pitch don't justify a top flight position, but the Belles' recent league placings as reflecting hw they are performing on the pitch possibly don't justify one either.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Missing the point mate, they didn't finish last, so how can they be "relegated" over a team that did? If that was even the reason. If Liverpool ladies finished last the last two seasons then THEIR performance deserves a second division place.

Or in fairness, whoever finishes last this season should be relegated and the team that top the lower division be promoted.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Missing the point mate, they didn't finish last, so how can they be "relegated" over a team that did? If that was even the reason. If Liverpool ladies finished last the last two seasons then THEIR performance deserves a second division place.

Or in fairness, whoever finishes last this season should be relegated and the team that top the lower division be promoted.

Certainly I agree that Liverpool Ladies should not be in the top flight either, if they've been bottom in the last two seasons.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
And possibly if the bottom two teams went down, then the top two teams from the second tier should go up? But Sunderland have won the second tier three seasons on the bounce yet are due to stay on the second rung. Same for Watford who finished second. Meanwhile 4th place Man City get a leg upstairs, whilst 3rd place Leeds get kicked out down to the 3rd level. All kinds of crazy, until you judge it on who's got the biggest bank balance.

I'm sure if it was two up, two down based on merit then Doncaster would accept their demotion, especially if they fail to perform this season, but it isn't. The FA have not told them in what way they have failed to meet their criteria. As far as I can see the FA haven't said how many teams will go up and down each season after the first season of the new format in 2014.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I agree with you, but I find the emphasis of the stories on Doncaster Belles somehow being wronged seem to be based on rather weak points. By all means challenge Manchester City's right to get 'promoted' (on the basis of their infrastructure) if their results on the pitch don't justify a top flight position, but the Belles' recent league placings as reflecting hw they are performing on the pitch possibly don't justify one either.

I just think that their league formation for the season this all starts should be determined by how teams get on in the preceding season (ie, the one that's just started- womens' football is played over the summer). Doncaster might finish fourth, or sixth. Or they might finish bottom, and then deservedly find themselves in the lower tier when the new league starts. As it is, their placing for a season commencing a year from now has been determined by last season's results, which seems wrong. I have absolutely no idea how Manchester City's placing has been determined though.

That's what happens when the business approach to football wins out.

Can we get the FA to demote Yeovil from the Championship and replace them with Pompey, to increase the amount of away support at the Amex?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Football at all levels needs a boot up the backside in this country. Did you hear that Rye and Crowborough have been moved into the Kent league as it makes up the numbers? Never mind about tradition and rivalry.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
The FA said in statement published on Saturday: "The decision by the selection panel not to offer the club an FA WSL1 licence was due primarily to them being unable to satisfactorily meet minimum facility requirements, alongside further concerns on their commercial and marketing strategies."

Nothing to do with the football then?!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The FA said in statement published on Saturday: "The decision by the selection panel not to offer the club an FA WSL1 licence was due primarily to them being unable to satisfactorily meet minimum facility requirements, alongside further concerns on their commercial and marketing strategies."

Nothing to do with the football then?!

I thought the Doncaster Belles played home games at The Keepmoat ? The FA statement is a fudge as other clubs in the 2nd tier can bring in more revenue and have more market appeal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here