Doncaster Belles' need you suport

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Signed. Seems very poor from the FA

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I read the link. Am I right in thinking that the FA unilaterally restructed the league and with no reason dumped Doncaster into a lower division? Am I missing something?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
disgraceful, do we live in the US all of a sudden?

Agreed, the next step will be to allow some one to start a team, buy some players and buy their way in to a higher division.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Signed. Anyone that knows anything about women's football knows that Doncaster Belles are the biggest name in the sport.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Have signed. Despicable decision from the FA. Whoever is responsible should stand down. If its not reversed I hope Doncaster finish at or top of the league this season to embarrass the FA further.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Could someone give some background to me as the links don't really provide it?

So the Women's League is being expanded and then split into two divisions with Doncaster Belles being placed in the second tier. Is that right?

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
Could someone give some background to me as the links don't really provide it?

So the Women's League is being expanded and then split into two divisions with Doncaster Belles being placed in the second tier. Is that right?

Yes, Liverpool came bottom last season and the season before but will be in the top flight (Women's Super League), but Manchester City Ladies take Doncaster Belles place in the WSL despite that Man City have only had a women's team in the second division (Women's Premier League) for one season. These placings hold regardless of results in the new season which has just kicked off - the Women's Super League being played in summer - which makes it all a bit pointless.

Manchester City to compete in WSL top tier after restructure

Doncaster Belles boss John Buckley angry at WSL 'farce'

redefining-sport-the-fas-relegation-of-doncaster-belles

The idea of replacing the separate WSL played in summer and WPL played in winter with a two-tier WSL with promotion and relegation each season seems good, but the way it has been set up stinks. For example in a move reminiscent of MK Dons, Lincoln Ladies have been allowed to move and rename as Notts County retaining their WSL place, but there is no place in either division for Forest.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Yes, Liverpool came bottom last season and the season before but will be in the top flight (Women's Super League), but Manchester City Ladies take Doncaster Belles place in the WSL despite that Man City have only had a women's team in the second division (Women's Premier League) for one season. These placings hold regardless of results in the new season which has just kicked off - the Women's Super League being played in summer - which makes it all a bit pointless.

Manchester City to compete in WSL top tier after restructure

Doncaster Belles boss John Buckley angry at WSL 'farce'

redefining-sport-the-fas-relegation-of-doncaster-belles

The idea of replacing the separate WSL played in summer and WPL played in winter with a two-tier WSL with promotion and relegation each season seems good, but the way it has been set up stinks. For example in a move reminiscent of MK Dons, Lincoln Ladies have been allowed to move and rename as Notts County retaining their WSL place, but there is no place in either division for Forest.

Thank you. Just to make sure I've got this right. Doncaster Belles finished second from bottom (7th out of 8 clubs) in the current top flight last season?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Thank you. Just to make sure I've got this right. Doncaster Belles finished second from bottom (7th out of 8 clubs) in the current top flight last season?

Possibly, but more importantly, even if they win the league this season, they will be demoted to a lower league next time around in order to accommodate a bigger name (Man City).

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Surely if a club finishes second from bottom out of eight clubs in the most recently completed league, it is possible to justify them starting in the second tier in the re-arranged league format?

It is bizarre that considerations of the current season are not being used, but if they are deciding which clubs are going to be where next season in this moment in time (making the current season irrelevant), it can be reasonably argued that Doncaster Belles should start in the second tier.

(Apologies if I'm missing something in all of this).

What Doncaster Belles did in the 1990s is irrelevant to what league they should start next season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here