Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Donatello Restaurant co-owner killed by grandson

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Very, very sad, she was a lovely lady from a lovely family. RIP

Having already seen one poster speculating could I respectively suggest that all posts on this thread are kept to the usual respectful words and nothing else?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
A wonderful supporter of the Albion who helped the club out with sponsorship at a time when it was a lot more unfashionable than it is now.

We should never forget our past and the people who helped make the club what it is today.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Awful news.

When I first approached her about doing the Guy Butters Appreciation do, she couldn't do enough for us. By her own admission, she didn't know anything about football - "oh, I leave that to the boys...', but her generosity of time and spirit helped the evening go very smoothly.

A big part of the Brighton business scene for more years than I can remember.

RIP.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
A wonderful supporter of the Albion who helped the club out with sponsorship at a time when it was a lot more unfashionable than it is now.

We should never forget our past and the people who helped make the club what it is today.

Wonderfully put, thank you.

RIP Mrs Addis

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
RiP to someone who proved themselves as a true friend of the city of Brighton and The Albion.

Ate in Donatellos many a time back in the day for birthdays amongst us because it was nice food and great value and because they supported The Albion in our time of need.

Awful for this to happen to her.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Donatello’s was the place for us to go with the kids. All grown up now - but that was/is a restaurant that new what it was to have kids in tow. They once had a Albion-related colouring pad that the kids loved. Decent grub too. Very sorry tale.

jamie (not that one)

NSC Patron
May 3, 2012
Valencia
Dear lord, that's horrendous. I worked over the road from the restaurant in the early 2000's and we got to know Sue and her sons quite well. Really lovely lady.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here