Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donald Trump

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
No that wasn't my point. Islam has a much tighter grip on its followers which is unsurprising as non adherence to the 'truth' leads to social ostracization at best or death in some countries.

Having attended Koran schools since 18 months old, where the Koran is recited over and over again, most Muslems think in a different way to those who have grown up in a more liberal society. Having worked exclusively with Muslem people for more than two years I would say that there are fundamental differences in which Muslems see the world compared to those non Muslems from the West. I can site numerable accounts to justify what I have stated and just see that the more the religion is assuaged to, the more problems we will encounter. Its not a racist or anti muslem statement its what I have seen and heard.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Having attended Koran schools since 18 months old, where the Koran is recited over and over again, most Muslems think in a different way to those who have grown up in a more liberal society. Having worked exclusively with Muslem people for more than two years I would say that there are fundamental differences in which Muslems see the world compared to those non Muslems from the West. I can site numerable accounts to justify what I have stated and just see that the more the religion is assuaged to, the more problems we will encounter. Its not a racist or anti muslem statement its what I have seen and heard.

It does annoy me that Muslims say we should study the Quran to help us understand them, and until we do we cannot comment on it. Yet when someone like Salmon Rushdie, who probably knows the Quran better than any Muslim scholar or Imam, has a fatwa put on him for having an educated opinion.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
"The UK politicians should be thanking me instead of pandering to political correctness."

The billionaire property tycoon added in a tweet: "The United Kingdom is trying hard to disguise their massive Muslim problem. Everybody is wise to what is happening. Very sad. Be honest."
He also thanked the "respected columnist Katie Hopkins" for her "powerful writing on the UK's Muslim problem".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-north-east-orkney-shetland-35060868

Trump continues to stir the pot :mad:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
"The UK politicians should be thanking me instead of pandering to political correctness."

The billionaire property tycoon added in a tweet: "The United Kingdom is trying hard to disguise their massive Muslim problem. Everybody is wise to what is happening. Very sad. Be honest."
He also thanked the "respected columnist Katie Hopkins" for her "powerful writing on the UK's Muslim problem".

The thing is, once the squealing of the left dies down a bit its usually followed by eye witnesses backing him up. This can only do him good.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The thing is, once the squealing of the left dies down a bit its usually followed by eye witnesses backing him up. This can only do him good.

There is a serious discussion to be had about some/most Islamic teaching and it's compatibility with life in a liberal western democracy. Also the integration of some Muslim communities.

Trump is polarizing opinion giving the 'Islamophobia' junkies a free shot and distracting from real problems within our society.

ISIS couldn't ask for a better recruiting tool we have to be smarter than that.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Certainly no Muslim no go areas,but there's issues big time as having hundreds going to Syria and many more than that are being groomed as we speak.Must be in the thousands you'd think.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Certainly no Muslim no go areas,but there's issues big time as having hundreds going to Syria and many more than that are being groomed as we speak.Must be in the thousands you'd think.

The way I see it, is that Daesh is a reaction from the Bush/Blair war in Iraq. British Muslims in their early teens and younger, who witnessed that war on TV and all the reports of injustice and torture were the ones who were easily brainwashed and recruited.

Currently there is a new generation of young British Muslims who are now witnessing the crimes of Daesh against other Muslims and the rest of the world so the appeal of joining up in the future won't be there. British Muslim children will be horrified with what is going on and I feel really sorry for them. The last thing they need is to be looked at with suspicion.

What might have seemed like an exciting revolution a few years ago isn't the reality today.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
No thread?

Front runner of the Republican charge for President of the United States 2016

.................and then he releases a press statement:

calling for a complete ban on Muslims entering the United States "until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on".

Is that him out of the running?

When we were at war with Germany do you think we or the Americans let the Germans come and go as they please

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Are we at war with Islam?

Do you mean us or your country. Anyway from Oz.
"Police in Sydney have arrested a 15-year-old and a 20-year-old in a counter-terror operation.

They have been charged with "conspiracy to conduct an act in preparation for a terrorist act", Federal Police said.

The arrests are linked to a plot outlined in material seized last year as part of Operation Appleby.

That operation, in September 2014, was sparked by intelligence reports that Islamist extremists were planning random killings in Australia."
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-35057882

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
Are we at war with Islam?

The French have stated we are, Nato states are bombing Islamic countries American politicians want control of Muslim movements, Putin has accused turkey of backing ISIS by buying there black market oil, I would suggest that we are in the middle of a religious world war, our politicians refuse to admit it because they are afraid of the consequences Turkey a Muslim lead country shot down a Russian plane then killed the pilot knowing that Russia could not retaliate as Turkey is a Nato Member, we need to kick turkey out of Nato

Last edited:

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
It does annoy me that Muslims say we should study the Quran to help us understand them, and until we do we cannot comment on it. Yet when someone like Salmon Rushdie, who probably knows the Quran better than any Muslim scholar or Imam, has a fatwa put on him for having an educated opinion.
And this is the heart of the problem. People keep commenting saying "Muslims say this," or "Muslims say that; "Islam is this," or "Islam is that". There are millions of Muslims and they are all different!
In America, doctors have been murdered by anti-abortionsts, most of those murderers would identify as Christians and say that they felt that what they were doing was right because of their Christian beliefs - do we say "Christians murder doctors"? In Northern Ireland there was for many years (and arguably still is) a conflict under-pinned by Christian sectarianism - do we say "Christians kill policemen and bomb innocent people"?
This is why the rhetoric of people like Donald Trump is so poisonous, it lumps all Muslims together and says, "these people are the enemy," when overwhelmingly they are the victims.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And this is the heart of the problem. People keep commenting saying "Muslims say this," or "Muslims say that; "Islam is this," or "Islam is that". There are millions of Muslims and they are all different!
In America, doctors have been murdered by anti-abortionsts, most of those murderers would identify as Christians and say that they felt that what they were doing was right because of their Christian beliefs - do we say "Christians murder doctors"? In Northern Ireland there was for many years (and arguably still is) a conflict under-pinned by Christian sectarianism - do we say "Christians kill policemen and bomb innocent people"?
This is why the rhetoric of people like Donald Trump is so poisonous, it lumps all Muslims together and says, "these people are the enemy," when overwhelmingly they are the victims.

I hear what you are trying to say, you have picked isolated cases or countries, none of these have stretched to countries worldwide, countless countries, even in countries that share the same religion. Just think about the amount of countries that are having trouble with this form of ideology, the same ideology.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011

Donald Trump could very well be the next Churchill ,the one to stand up to the threat

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I hear what you are trying to say, you have picked isolated cases or countries, none of these have stretched to countries worldwide, countless countries, even in countries that share the same religion. Just think about the amount of countries that are having trouble with this form of ideology, the same ideology.
I think you will find that religious bigotry and fanaticism is widespread and I believe that the warring parties in Ulster shared a religion but nonetheless try this one: countless countries have had to deal with the menace of football supporters. Football supporters have caused death and mayhem across the world. Do you think that football supporters should not be allowed to travel abroad? Do you think that the places where football supporters congregate should be shut down? Maybe we should just ban football as this seems to be what attracts these people.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Donald Trump could very well be the next Churchill ,the one to stand up to the threat

Donald Trump is no Churchill. Unless you meant this one:

Churchill.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here