Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Donald Trump calls Barrack Obama the founder of Isis names Hilary Clinton as cofounder

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
That's the issue with this constant narrative that Republicans = Bad, Democrats = good.

Time people dropped that view and saw them as both the same beast.

Obama went on TV to announce his executive action on guns showing great emotion. At the same time this is the same person who has expanded the use of drones and killed thousands of people indiscriminately. Obama has ordered ten times more drone strikes than Bush ever did but people hold up Obama as some hero instead of being a shitlord like Bush.
I get your point but expanding the use of drones to take out ISIS leadership, even if they also kill many civilians, is in no way connected with wanting to introduce gun control and get semi-automatic weapons out of the hands of Joe Public. There's a massive difference between military action and civilians shooting people.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Why does he say things more than once? Is it because he likes the sound of what he is saying, or for his supporters who might have missed out the first time?

Some of the stuff he is coming out with at the moment is bordering on satire. Worryingly, people seem to be agreeing with him...

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Cop out.
I would vote Clinton, mainly because her dishonesty is less of a risk to world peace than The Donald's insane raving.
Lesser of two evils.

Not a cop out.

How is Hilary the lesser of two evils when she's the only one with blood on their hands right now?

The evil I know is the greater of the two evils.

I don't work on hypertheticals.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Right-wing and very entertaining and perceptive writer P.J O'Rourke recently explained his reluctant support for Clinton like this: 'she is wrong about everything, but she is wrong within normal parameters'. The fact that Clinton is an unappealing candidate does not make Trump any less dangerous.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I get your point but expanding the use of drones to take out ISIS leadership, even if they also kill many civilians, is in no way connected with wanting to introduce gun control and get semi-automatic weapons out of the hands of Joe Public. There's a massive difference between military action and civilians shooting people.

There is a massive difference. Killing sovereign citizens in their own nation by drone strikes is FAR worse crime than crimes commited by Joe Public.

Obama's a hypocritical warmonger is the bottom line. As is Hilary.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Not a cop out.

How is Hilary the lesser of two evils when she's the only one with blood on their hands right now?

The evil I know is the greater of the two evils.

I don't work on hypertheticals.

Name a senior recent American Politician without blood on their hands. Trump encourages their mad gun laws, that kill more Americans than Clinton ever has.
It's not a great choice, but, I really hope Clinton wins, I can see nothing but disaster if Trump becomes the leader of the free world.
The man is barking.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
it's affording Trump too much credibility but ....

The arguments and articles I've read (easily found on google) suggest that Isis were being trained and armed by the US in Syria as they were useful in opposing the Govt forces there. The squabble the US and Russia had over air strikes was due to the Russians taking on Isis where it was being left by the US. There was then quite a scandal over how much Isis were being covered and utilised rather than opposed (e.g. Turkey was buying oil from them).

Failed US policy led to the origins of Isis, calling Obama a founder is incorrect but it's worth considering that there are plenty of grey areas.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Name a senior recent American Politician without blood on their hands. Trump encourages their mad gun laws, that kill more Americans than Clinton ever has.
It's not a great choice, but, I really hope Clinton wins, I can see nothing but disaster if Trump becomes the leader of the free world.
The man is barking.

Why would you hope Clinton wins?

I hope Gary Johnson wins when I throw out hope.

Of course it won't happen, but better to support a decent minority party politician than support a total shitlord like Clinton.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If only Saddam Hussein, Assad and the Taliban had been nice to their people none of this would be happening.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apart from being potentially the most dangerous political leader since Hitler, does Donald Trump have ANY policies of his own or will it be like Mike Bassett with Benson and Hedges in charge of the US economy and foreign policy?
Throughout the candidates election DT's mantra was words to the effect of:-

'I don't need to know this stuff, I'll have the best guy possible working for me'.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Why would you hope Clinton wins?

I hope Gary Johnson wins when I throw out hope.

Of course it won't happen, but better to support a decent minority party politician than support a total shitlord like Clinton.

But,as you said in an earlier post, I don't have a vote, so, I'm only considering the two candidates with any chance of winning, and, I speak as someone who votes left of centre in Worthing, so I know a bit about voting for no hopers

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But,as you said in an earlier post, I don't have a vote, so, I'm only considering the two candidates with any chance of winning, and, I speak as someone who votes left of centre in Worthing, so I know a bit about voting for no hopers

Hilary is one of those politicians who being the grub they are just changes their views to get the votes. Her views on Gay marriage are proof of this.

Why would a left leaning person be so supportive of a corporate puppet like Clinton?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I'd say he's giving everyone a pretty big clue

I don't.

I think most people listen to sound bites and the bullshit from other people around them.

I've heard people scream Trump is a sexist yet one of his policies is too recognise and increase funding towards dealing with female veterans as at present it's not something that's being dealt with despite it's steady increase over the last few years.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
Living here, it's all getting quite tasty. Can't vote, so just observing the insanity. My 2 pence (2.6 cents at today's ROE),

- Media is massively biased. Trump says something absurd = Full Out Press Circus for 3 Days, someone calls out HiLIARy and maybe it's on the TV/Papers
- Core White Males between each coast are angry at Washington DC for policy failures. Entire cities in this country are a manufacturing wasteland. Those jobs are gone and these people are speaking up.
- He is full on egotistical weirdo, she is full on crooked to the core (served her country for many years and accumulated $20M - just doesn't wash) and peanuts compared to her husband. Google Haiti and Clinton Foundation.
- What a choice and god help this country. 50% really dislike Obama, 50% look the other way. It will get even more polarized whoever wins.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here