Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
When you have established yourself as an interesting poster I’ll take a little more notice of what you have to say.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Nice to see Trump getting his just desserts in court today, its only $9,000 but, could escalate if he can't keep his mouth shut. Ultimately, he could be jailed for contempt of court.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
When you have established yourself as an interesting poster I’ll take a little more notice of what you have to say.
I am absolutely having that.

Tremendous work.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Nice to see Trump getting his just desserts in court today, its only $9,000 but, could escalate if he can't keep his mouth shut. Ultimately, he could be jailed for contempt of court.
His gang of sycophants will have poured enough into his bank accounts to pay for this already - some times over.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Why do Trump's lawyers keep bailing out on him?

The firm that has repped ex-President Donald Trump and his campaign in multiple battles with high-profile women has asked a federal judge to let them abandon the embattled politician in a sex discrimination suit by a former female adviser—even if he and his team protest.

The firm, LaRocca, Hornik, Greenberg, Kittredge, Carlin & McPartland, unsuccessfully defended the former commander-in-chief against rape allegations by writer E. Jean Carroll and in the 2016 NDA case brought by one-time aide Jessica Denson. But on Friday the firm submitted a motion in Manhattan federal court to withdraw as his attorneys as yet another suit advances. The lawyers withheld details about why they wanted to pull out, except to say that their rapport with the campaign had suffered “an irreparable breakdown.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Why do Trump's lawyers keep bailing out on him?

The firm that has repped ex-President Donald Trump and his campaign in multiple battles with high-profile women has asked a federal judge to let them abandon the embattled politician in a sex discrimination suit by a former female adviser—even if he and his team protest.

The firm, LaRocca, Hornik, Greenberg, Kittredge, Carlin & McPartland, unsuccessfully defended the former commander-in-chief against rape allegations by writer E. Jean Carroll and in the 2016 NDA case brought by one-time aide Jessica Denson. But on Friday the firm submitted a motion in Manhattan federal court to withdraw as his attorneys as yet another suit advances. The lawyers withheld details about why they wanted to pull out, except to say that their rapport with the campaign had suffered “an irreparable breakdown.

There are at least two possible/probable reasons:-
They're fed up of losing.
They haven't been paid.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I assume this is genuine footage from MSNBC, and a true account of proceedings:

I appreciate that MSNBC is, of course, Marxist commie liberal pinko woke trans anti-american snowflakery.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
The third could be because they know he is guilty and they are fed up of being lied to.
Unsure of the NY State bar rules, but the England & Wales "cab rank" rules for barristers do not allow them to refuse a case merely because of their belief that the client is guilty or lying.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I assume this is genuine footage from MSNBC, and a true account of proceedings:

I appreciate that MSNBC is, of course, Marxist commie liberal pinko woke trans anti-american snowflakery.

This is unsurprising.

What’s also unsurprising is that he is apparently passing a lot of putrid wind as he dozes.

Apologies for posting a link from a known Marxist, extreme left communist American talk show host.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Unsure of the NY State bar rules, but the England & Wales "cab rank" rules for barristers do not allow them to refuse a case merely because of their belief that the client is guilty or lying.
No - but they might get pretty fed up with their client and dump them for unreasonable behaviour.

US Seagull

Jul 17, 2003
Cleveland, OH
Trump is currently sitting in court while his lawyer argues that the gag order prevents him from being able to respond to tweets like this:

Perhaps his lawyer should advise him that the best way to respond to name calling is to not respond to name calling?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Trump is currently sitting in court while his lawyer argues that the gag order prevents him from being able to respond to tweets like this:

Perhaps his lawyer should advise him that the best way to respond to name calling is to not respond to name calling?

Is he awake today?

Cordwainer

Jul 30, 2023

Big fan of the constipated cat with a touch of conjunctivitis look he goes with these days 👍🏻

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here