[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Capitalism, less government control.

Both parties offer capitalism, less government control is just wishful thinking.

We’ve been through this. Government’s grow as an inevitable result of technological and societal advances that effectively means there’s more that requires regulation. It’s an inevitable consequence of them doing their job.

Similarly, weakening e.g. pollution controls might sound good to you,, until it’s your family with asthma and breathing difficulties due to the air quality. These measures are globally agreed because their effect is global.

You might think it’s splendid to have a leader who turns his back on international treaties and law, but I can assure you that you only damage your own reputation internationally.

This desire to be free from all responsibility is effectively a call to be a small child, to have all the difficult decisions taken away from it and be looked after by others because it can’t look after itself. Trump’s song may be alluring, but it’s infantile and regressive, and I’m stunned that someone such as yourself keeps on drinking the Kool Aid.

America’s power comes from its position in international culture and politics.

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Those are our choices.

It baffles me that you choose one over the other. The correct response is surely to spoil your ballot paper or vote for an independent, even knowing they won’t win.

It won’t change the immediate outcome, but might bring the parties a little closer to sanity.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
It baffles me that you choose one over the other. The correct response is surely to spoil your ballot paper or vote for an independent, even knowing they won’t win.

It won’t change the immediate outcome, but might bring the parties a little closer to sanity.
Would you choose one over the over?

chickens

NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Would you choose one over the over?

Personally, I would be looking for a sane third party candidate. Both major parties in the US have become way too powerful.

I’d be looking for a party that placed limits on campaign donations, insisted on complete transparency as to their source, and that altered the electoral process to prevent two parties holding the electorate to ransom in this way again. The way the voting is structured appears deliberately designed to assist the two party system hold their power.

If I had to pick either Biden or Trump, I’d pick Biden. I’ve seen evidence of what each achieved in one term, and whether it’s Biden himself or his presidential advisors pulling the strings, they seem to have turned America around.

I’m sorry, I know you’ve emotionally invested in Trump, but your man is a grifter who puts his own glorification above his country or God. Ideally neither would be president, and no I don’t think either are totally honest, but Biden is clearly the “least worst” if you put them side by side. By a considerable margin.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think it’s you who should be embarrassed if you think that Biden is mentally fit to be president. Democrats are abusing the rule of law to imprison their main political opponent because they know they will lose the election if they don’t. It’s as totalitarian as it gets.
Are you sure you want to be throwing these boomerang barbs at Biden? 🙂

Trump faces criminal indictments not because the Democrats have asked the DoJ to lock him
up ( as Trump did with Clinton) but because enough evidence has been put before a Grand Jury to prosecute him.

Trump being caught on tape for example asking Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to help him “find” enough extra votes to overturn the 2020 presidential election is hardly the actions of someone committed to the rule of law. Trump’s constant violent rhetoric at his rallies, his actions on Jan 6 and his attempts to delay court cases until after the election and claim complete immunity from any legal jeopardy is hardly a man committed to the rule of law.

As for mental competency, I suspect even without psychiatric qualifications, most impartial people observing Trump at his rallies would suspect him to be a narcissist, paranoid obsessive with a persecution complex or in the very least just very frickin weird. Biden has memory issues and never seems to have the right set of dentures in his mouth but at least one trusts he has the grace to choose his friends wisely and not from a melting pot of subversives, money launderers and dictators.

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Are you sure you want to be throwing these boomerang barbs at Biden? 🙂

Trump faces criminal indictments not because the Democrats have asked the DoJ to lock him
up ( as Trump did with Clinton) but because enough evidence has been put before a Grand Jury to prosecute him.

Trump being caught on tape for example asking Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger to help him “find” enough extra votes to overturn the 2020 presidential election is hardly the actions of someone committed to the rule of law. Trump’s constant violent rhetoric at his rallies, his actions on Jan 6 and his attempts to delay court cases until after the election and claim complete immunity from any legal jeopardy is hardly a man committed to the rule of law.

As for mental competency, I suspect even without psychiatric qualifications, most impartial people observing Trump at his rallies would suspect him to be a narcissist, paranoid obsessive with a persecution complex or in the very least just very frickin weird. Biden has memory issues and never seems to have the right set of dentures in his mouth but at least one trusts he has the grace to choose his friends wisely and not from a melting pot of subversives, money launderers and dictators.
What do you mean by boomerang barb?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
What do you mean by boomerang barb?
Stones in glass houses. Pot calling kettle back. Throwing a comment/dig that could do a u-turn in its trajectory and apply to the person that threw it. A Trump supporter probably shouldn’t be criticising Biden for not adhering to the rule of law!

Sorry, weirdly wired brain 😎

lasvegan

Jan 30, 2009
Sin City
Stones in glass houses. Pot calling kettle back. Throwing a comment/dig that could do a u-turn in its trajectory and apply to the person that threw it. A Trump supporter probably shouldn’t be criticising Biden for not adhering to the rule of law!

Sorry, weirdly wired brain 😎
I think this works both ways…Biden criticizing Trump for not adhering to the rule of law?

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I think this works both ways…Biden criticizing Trump for not adhering to the rule of law?
This has already been dealt with by several others above.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Surely to believe that Trump is innocent of, and Hilary and Joe are guilty of all crimes accused you have to have zero faith in the judicial system in the USA?

Surely the suspicion of bias would go towards the Reuplicans as the supreme court is weighted in their favour?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Surely to believe that Trump is innocent of, and Hilary and Joe are guilty of all crimes accused you have to have zero faith in the judicial system in the USA?

Surely the suspicion of bias would go towards the Reuplicans as the supreme court is weighted in their favour?
Drumpf's last conviction was handed down by a judge he appointed.

Bloody Democrats. 😆

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
She is guilty of the crimes she committed.
It was outrageous how the biased mainstream media barely covered that trial. The wife of an ex-president, and a past presidential candidate herself, being found guilty of running an occult group that smuggled babies into the White House through a secret tunnel from a Washington pizza restaurant so they could abuse and murder them, and was there any coverage of it? No, the media was too busy bashing Trump to even feature it. Total cover-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports