Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Dog whistle is a conspiracy theory. Anything that insinuates secret signalling due to a malevolent agenda fits the definition.
The 'conspiracy' part requires that numerous people are involved in the action.

The 'Theory' part suggests a idea that is created due to the secrecy of the conspirators. Rather than it being plain for all to see (well nearly all).

Apart from that though, yeah, bang on its a conspiracy theory.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Yes I know its short, the full clip shows he is talking about the US Car industry.

Oh, well that's alright then...

It won't be a bloodbath if he doesn't get elected.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
The anti-establishment Tucker Carlson is a quisling? I think you should look that word up. Nope it appears you have quite a few problems here, we are done here.
Yes, yes he is
Lord Haw Haw re-incarnated

And yes, yes we are done
And yes, I have a few problems.

For example I’ve always been amazed how members of the population with low moral values and even lower IQ are able to vote in grown up elections. Beggars belief really, doesn’t it.
You know, the part where you need the ability to add a tick or a cross in a box on a piece of paper.

Cheers 👍👍👍

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
can i ask you what you get out of all of this, i'm assuming you're english and live in england, is that correct?
All these lovely replies from the wokist lefty limpwrists crying in their vanilla soy lattes.
Because they can't handle the truth.

nommm nom nommmmmm

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If he becomes president again he can pardon* himself and the court cases would have to stop.

Unless Congress (republican majority) vote to impeach him. And the chances of that are.......zero.

Trump has to become president again in order to shore up his finances and untouchability. The only thing that may stop him is a conviction before the election. And I say 'may'.

*This looks unacceptably bad to UK eyes, but it would be legal in America, and the president is like the king in the US, in that it is considered unpatriotic by 80 million plus to not bow down to the president. My president, right or wrong.

And let's not forget, it took the resolve of the conservative party to free the nation of Johnson. A man whose narcissism is beaten only by his laziness. Trump isn't lazy, sadly. And the republicans are not prepared to put the nation or even their own reputation and legacy above fealty to their Big Dog.
We can never say what would have happened, but as mentioned before the Dems went after him (rightly so) he was not going to become the president, as you have suggested, he is doing it to pardon himself.

If they had just held on till 25 we would not have been facing another 4 years of Trump, its backfired on them

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
We can never say what would have happened, but as mentioned before the Dems went after him (rightly so) he was not going to become the president, as you have suggested, he is doing it to pardon himself.

If they had just held on till 25 we would not have been facing another 4 years of Trump, its backfired on them
Did you miss my earlier response to you on this point, yesterday?

’The Dems’ are not ‘going after‘ Trump, the Department of Justice is -

For anyone to keep saying these indictments are being brought by the Democrats is giving weight to the lies Trump wants his supporters to believe - that he is the ’victim of a witch hunt’ and he is only being indicted because he is running for President - this is absolute nonsense.

As for timing, these Grand jury investigations started way back in 2020 some dating back to even before he became President - and they invariably do take years, some including the Stormy Daniels case, in which the Grand Jury convened in 2021 stem back to 2016. Trump did not enter the Presidential race until November 2022 after these investigations began.

Your point about ‘leaving it until 2025’ assumes Biden will win - the DiJ don’t make that kind of political decision about when to indict someone.

Leaving it until 2025 would be exactly what Trump wants and is trying for, hence all the appeals he keeps making to delay proceedings - It is much harder to criminally indict a sitting President, it has not been done before, and the Constitution is not clear on the issue of immunity for sitting Presidents, who btw is immune from civil litigation anyway. . This is one of the reasons that several criminal cases were not filed until 2020 after Trump was no longer President.

Also, whatever your opinion of Trump, an American Presidency that ties a President up in criminal trials and litigation for his entire term would not be at all good for the Country.

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria

If Trump had co-operated a bit, and not made his whole tactic to stall for as long as possible, many of these cases would have been done and dusted by now. They have been rumbling on for years - not suddenly introduced in the run up to the election.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
If Trump had co-operated a bit, and not made his whole tactic to stall for as long as possible, many of these cases would have been done and dusted by now. They have been rumbling on for years - not suddenly introduced in the run up to the election.
A point I have tried to make several times now in response to KG but he doesn‘t see it or perhaps prefers not to because it does not support the narrative that Trump is maintaining about it being the Dems that are targeting him with these indictments and allegation of the crimes he’s committed have no foundation in truth but are all lies and just a political witch-hunt.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
This from the Guardian in February.

1710778257953.png

Sounds as though he may have been lying on oath, as if he had $400m kicking around, he wouldn't need to raise the full amount would he. What a surprise.

papachris

This from the Guardian in February.

View attachment 178958

Sounds as though he may have been lying on oath, as if he had $400m kicking around, he wouldn't need to raise the full amount would he. What a surprise.

I also read this in the news. What happens now?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
‘Dog whistles are a calculated tactic used to manipulate and stoke prejudice in others. Dog whistles are often deployed with the aim to spread and amplify racism, xenophobia, antisemitism, Islamophobia, homophobia, transphobia, aporophobia, or other antagonistic attitudes towards marginalised groups. Plausible deniability and reliance on “outgroups” not understanding the coded message aimed at the “ingroup” are key components for all dog whistles’

I can’t be bothered to reference the meaning above which is in the context I was using it.
Why do you waste time with that WUM wanka?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A point I have tried to make several times now in response to KG but he doesn‘t see it or perhaps prefers not to because it does not support the narrative that Trump is maintaining about it being the Dems that are targeting him with these indictments and allegation of the crimes he’s committed have no foundation in truth but are all lies and just a political witch-hunt.
He is a pretty crap troll. Trolls shouldn't put detractors on ignore. They should target them and wind them up.

I'm beginning to think he may be a bit . . . .you know?

thick

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I also read this in the news. What happens now?
He’ll have to sell some properties - although not for as much as he originally claimed they were worth before being indicted for tax fraud. 🙂

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Hang on - I thought this was all a 'Democratic' Witch-Hunt? Liz Cheney is a republican - but he's going after her now....

He'll go after anyone who dares to question, criticise or sometimes merely comment on him, regardless of their political persuasion. The funny thing is that a lot of the people on the receiving end of his ramblings seem to almost thrive on it and will then come out and say they'll support him (Haley, Cruz and Graham, to name just three!)

I've said it before and I'll no doubt say it many many times – he really is an extremely funny (odd/strange) bloke.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
‘Dog whistles are a calculated tactic used to manipulate and stoke prejudice in others. Dog whistles are often deployed with the aim to spread and amplify racism, xenophobia, antisemitism, Islamophobia, homophobia, transphobia, aporophobia, or other antagonistic attitudes towards marginalised groups. Plausible deniability and reliance on “outgroups” not understanding the coded message aimed at the “ingroup” are key components for all dog whistles’

I can’t be bothered to reference the meaning above which is in the context I was using it.
Dog whistles are a conspiracy theory, a made up smear of political opponents. Shoe me someone confessing to using one aka a whistle blower.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dog whistles are a conspiracy theory, a made up smear of political opponents. Shoe me someone confessing to using one aka a whistle blower.
You are barking mad.

1710796190487.png

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Did you miss my earlier response to you on this point?

’The Dems’ are not ‘going after‘ Trump, the Department of Justice is -

For you to keep saying these indictments are being brought by the Democrats is giving weight to the lies Trump wants his supporters to believe - that he is the ’victim of a witch hunt’ and he is only being indicted because he is running for President - this is absolute nonsense. He has been indicted by the DoJ for a number of crimes because their investigations have concluded that there is enough evidence to do so and the investigations began long before he ever announced he would run again.

These are not a political indictments (as when he was twice impeached) but legal ones and he has already been found guilty on a number of charges by Republican appointed judges as well as Democrat ones. Grand juries consist of members of the public selected by the defence and prosecutors - they are certainly NOT all Democrat supporters..

As for timing, these Grand jury investigations started way back in 2020 some dating back to even before he became President - and they invariably do take years, some including the Stormy Daniels case, in which the Grand Jury convened in 2021 stem back to 2016. Trump did not enter the Presidential race until November 2022 after these investigations began.

Your point about ‘leaving it until 2025’ assumes Biden will win - the DiJ don’t make that kind of political decision about when to indict someone.

Leaving it until 2025 would be exactly what Trump wants and is trying for hence all the appeals - It is much harder to criminally indict a sitting President, it has not been done before, and the Constitution is not clear on the issue of immunity for sitting Presidents, who btw is immune from civil litigation anyway. Trump would probably have to be politically indicted by the House again and convicted by the Senate before it was referred to the DoJ - which isn’t going to happen if either candidate won a second term as there will very unlikely be a large enough majority in the Senate for either Party to convict him and remove him from power. This is one of the reasons that several criminal cases were not filed until 2020 after Trump was no longer President ( and it was probably one of the reasons he fought so hard to contest and legally challenge the results of the 2020 election ie to fend off Grand Juries knocking on the door as soon as he was no longer President).

As it is, these trials will continue and the DoJ will have to keep fighting against Trump’s deliberate delays to take them over the line.

Also, whatever your opinion of Trump, an American Presidency that ties a President up in criminal trials and litigation for his entire term would not be at all good for the Country.

Where have I said it's a witch hunt? He deserves everything that will come to him if he's finally nailed.

My point was it was dumb to do it now and reignite his campaign in the way it has done.

Each and every case that is brought forward increases the likelihood of him being sworn in again.

There are civil cases being brought as well as federal cases, there was absolutely a political game going on and it's backfired.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here