Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Donald Trump 2024

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
Ironically, it’s as some Trump supporters said, the court cases have only resulted in Trump increasing his voter support (incredible that this is) and he was was still elected in 2016 even after this

His deranged Tweets have been a feature of Trump’s political career since he first ran. His mental capacity was also under question while in his first term (to the extent that it was even considered whether Art 25 should be triggered).

None of this is new apart from the election interference case - being imprisoned or the Supreme Ct ruling he can’t run will be the only issue that will stop Trump or his support crumbling.

(I wish I had your optimism though)

Funnily I'm not being optimistic. For him to win he needs the ’floating voters’ who are by their nature not hard core Trumpies, and are much less likely to vote for him With all the crap he’s in.
I reckon he’ll have a health issue that will prevent him from running but will also keep him out of clink because he’s a coward and shit scared of doing time…..

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
May I interject? Anyone who thinks voting for Biden is a good idea is a moron. Let’s be equally hateful.
The absolute worst president (x 10) in my time living here, seven and counting.
Amazing :lolol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
May I interject? Anyone who thinks voting for Biden is a good idea is a moron. Let’s be equally hateful.
May I interject? Anyone who thinks voting for Trump is a good idea is a moron x 100.

The worst and most dangerous political figure in US history.

The harbinger of full blown dictatorship, destruction of alliances and a master of post truth bullshit for an American population without a shred of discernment.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
May I interject? Anyone who thinks voting for Trump is a good idea is a moron x 100.

The harbinger of full blown dictatorship, destruction of alliances and a master of post truth bullshit for an American population without a shred of discernment.
Agreed but Biden will need a very strong candidate for VP as he will probably be unable to function fully for the whole term!

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Please list what Biden has done in the last four years to make him the absolute worst president (x10)?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I think its a sad reflection on US politics that these two old geezers are the best they can come up with.

Biden is clearly the better option of the two on the basis that Trump is a f***ing lunatic, but it's not a great choice.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
It's sad that so much of the American public feels so disillusioned with their political system that they rally behind a character like Trump, it feels more like political movement than a presidential campaign. Trump comes across as an outsider and political rogue which seems to have inspired millions of Americans.

I'm struggling to see him failing to win the election and what's most depressing is it wouldn't really be any great surprise.
I'm confident he can't win without massive voter suppression, and other underhand tactics, in the swing states. So far the judiciary has stood firm against most of the gerrymandering maps and some of the voter suppression legislation. The white supremacists and christofascists have not won yet and I'm confident they won't.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I'm confident he can't win without massive voter suppression, and other underhand tactics, in the swing states. So far the judiciary has stood firm against most of the gerrymandering maps and some of the voter suppression legislation. The white supremacists and christofascists have not won yet and I'm confident they won't.
Whats incredible, is that the entire world system, US staying a democracy, NATO, stopping Russia attacking a european country........ rests entirely in the hands of a man who will be 82 in November and is clearly in mental decline.

How did it ever get to this?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Well, yes, indeed. I mean apart from record-low unemployment, rising real wages, strong GDP growth, a rapid fall in the inflation rate, student loan forgiveness, continuing rollout of the Affordable Care Act to millions of people, and reducing the cost of insulin and other medications, what has he done?
But, but, but the border.....where his plan has been sabotaged by the Diaper Don and his christofascist pals in the House.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So you've lived through 7 presidents in the US in your time living there? By my reckoning that means you've been in the US for the following;

Biden
Trump
Obama
Bush (jr)
Clinton
Bush (snr)
Reagan

You believe that Joe Biden is the worst president out of all of them. This is despite the fact that two of them were impeached, two were voted out after just one term (which is rare in the modern history of the US presidency and generally indicates that the incumbent is seen as a failure) and one managed to start a two decade war in the Middle East which has led to thousands of deaths on all sides (including US combat deaths) for little meaningful gain.

So what criteria would you like to judge the presidents by? We've already ruled out "number of impeachments", "terms served" and "US combat deaths caused" as potential options, I'd be fascinated to understand what criteria you prefer to use instead.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So you've lived through 7 presidents in the US in your time living there? By my reckoning that means you've been in the US for the following;

Biden
Trump
Obama
Bush (jr)
Clinton
Bush (snr)
Reagan

You believe that Joe Biden is the worst president out of all of them. This is despite the fact that two of them were impeached, two were voted out after just one term (which is rare in the modern history of the US presidency and generally indicates that the incumbent is seen as a failure) and one managed to start a two decade war in the Middle East which has led to thousands of deaths on all sides (including US combat deaths) for little meaningful gain.

So what criteria would you like to judge the presidents by? We've already ruled out "number of impeachments", "terms served" and "US combat deaths caused" as potential options, I'd be fascinated to understand what criteria you prefer to use instead.
Not just the worst - but ten times worse. Don't forget that bit!

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I really can't stand all the talk of a choice between Biden and Trump. That's not the choice. The choice is competence or chaos, hope or hate, the future or the past.

Anyone who doesn't see a difference is blind, stupid or ill-informed. Biden has passed several major pieces of legislation during his term because his administration is competent and compassionate. He's leading a team of genuinely interested and engaged individuals who are working on big issues to make tangible progress.

My brain can't compute why people don't understand what Biden's administration (not Biden, his administration) has achieved. Outside of the US is one thing, but anyone living in the US has to be blind to reality to not realise how much better performing this administration is compared to the chaos of the Trump term.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Not just the worst - but ten times worse. Don't forget that bit!
Ten times worse is a very specific metric, too. I'm guessing it might be a :fishing: trip and a reposte to those who DARED to criticise Trump and/or his cult memb..., sorry, I mean supporters.

Crawley Dingo

Political thread tourist.
Mar 31, 2022
It's sad that so much of the American public feels so disillusioned with their political system that they rally behind a character like Trump, it feels more like political movement than a presidential campaign. Trump comes across as an outsider and political rogue which seems to have inspired millions of Americans.

I'm struggling to see him failing to win the election and what's most depressing is it wouldn't really be any great surprise.
Agree with all of that except MAGA is a revolutionary movement as well as political.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I really can't stand all the talk of a choice between Biden and Trump. That's not the choice. The choice is competence or chaos, hope or hate, the future or the past.

Anyone who doesn't see a difference is blind, stupid or ill-informed. Biden has passed several major pieces of legislation during his term because his administration is competent and compassionate. He's leading a team of genuinely interested and engaged individuals who are working on big issues to make tangible progress.

My brain can't compute why people don't understand what Biden's administration (not Biden, his administration) has achieved. Outside of the US is one thing, but anyone living in the US has to be blind to reality to not realise how much better performing this administration is compared to the chaos of the Trump term.

Sadly the disenfranchised are blinded by Dictator Trump, they are fixated on lost children (who Trump split from their parents at the border) or the "illegals" (what a horrid term)... I posted the below somewhere else this morning having seen it on social media somewhere...Watch any MAGA rally or Trump speech and you soo so much of the below...The righteous indigation, means they leave any common sense or morality at the door of the voting booth to vote for this fool. How do you defeat such a clever idiot?

Dictators usually give their followers feelings of belonging, entitlement, and righteous indignation. The dictator tells them they are the "TRUE" people and thus they feel like they belong. Scary other people in society are STEALING the country that is rightfully theirs, which gives them a feeling of entitlement while being allowed to feel indignant (and even hateful and violent) towards the scary other people who don't follow the dictator.

All of these feelings make the feeler feel good and energetic, and people love the person who gives them that.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do find it bizarre some on here as so relaxed about a Trump 2nd Presidency, for some to suggest they're both a same is as batshit as Trump's base

Not to mention we now have Tory politicians on the right now suggesting Trump 2.0 would be good for the world. Yeah the leader of the free world a climate change denier, a democracy denier and a serial sex offender, yeah...
Labour have started to back track on comments as well.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nothing to see here just:-

Trump misidentifying the women he's accused of sexually assaulting as his second wife, despite claiming he wouldn't have assaulted her because "she's not my type".

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

true, trouble is voting for Biden doesn't look too clever either.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
true, trouble is voting for Biden doesn't look too clever either.
That is true, but because of the magnitude of the calamity Donald Trump 2 would be, If I was a US citizen I'd vote for absolutely anything whether human/animal/plant if it was in a head to head with Trump.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here