Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Doing anything nice for your mum on Mothers Day?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Took my wife and children to the Amex yesterday for the afternoon tea gig. Was very nice!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Anyone who can; just spoil her as much as you can. You are lucky.

I lost my lovely Mum 29 years ago and never a day goes past where I'm not thinking of her.

Mine died in 1970 when I was 16.

It is probably my greatest regret in life that she (nor my father, who died six weeks later) never met my wife, my two daughters.... and now my granddaughter, although she would have been 93 when Jess was born.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Mine died in 1970 when I was 16.

It is probably my greatest regret in life that she (nor my father, who died six weeks later) never met my wife, my two daughters.... and now my granddaughter, although she would have been 93 when Jess was born.

I know what you mean Dave, that is hard to take. Bet she would have been very proud mate.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
#ourwholehouselookslikeaflorististshop

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
I lost my lovely Mum 29 years ago .

I lost my Mother many years ago.

I lost mine a few years ago

My mum also died some years ago, but reading that turn of phrase always reminds me of a story about her in her prime. She was in the supermarket one day when she encountered an elderly lady in some distress down one aisle. On my mum enquiring if she could assist in some way, the elderly lady said: "I've just lost my husband."

My mum had already blurted out the cheery: "Oh don't worry, I'm sure he'll turn up soon," before realising two seconds later what was actually meant...

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
My mum also died some years ago, but reading that turn of phrase always reminds me of a story about her in her prime. She was in the supermarket one day when she encountered an elderly lady in some distress down one aisle. On my mum enquiring if she could assist in some way, the elderly lady said: "I've just lost my husband."

My mum had already blurted out the cheery: "Oh don't worry, I'm sure he'll turn up soon," before realising two seconds later what was actually meant...

I lost my mother in 2015.

I just can't remember where I left her exactly.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I always get let off on Mother's Day cos it's a different day here. When I miss it I say "oh was it Mother's day?" Of course when the Japanese Mother's day comes round my mum doesn't remember it so I get away with that one too. ;)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here