Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog Re-homing

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
FFS [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION], why make me look here:-

http://www.labrador-rescue.org.uk/dogs.html
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] obviously with young children it's all about the dogs temperament, for which the start off point has to be Labrador.

This bears out through being a postie, in all my years I've never seen a lab or lab retriever who hasn't been pleased to see me!
Even the ones 'who like a bark' it only ever is in order to remind you to stroke them.

"have the contents of the house, just tickle my ear, first".

It's true. :lol:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
We got our dog from the RSPCA. We did try the Dogs' Trust in Shoreham but they didn't have many dogs suitable for a family with an 8-y-o (as we had at the time).

The RSPCA did have a dog suitable for us and she's been a joy. She's been brilliant with the kids, clearly adores children and is happy to play with them. Having had to get up at 3.50 this morning to clear dog vomit off the landing, I'm not sure I'm quite so delighted right now.

But normally she's no trouble ...
florawild.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I have just rehomed a dog from the RSPCA, a 4 month old 'Springerdor'.

Dog's a nutter.

Took a few months and found that the dog's trust were very fussy about who they accepted. RSPCA were more understanding and lenient. You'll need to get home checked which can be arranged through the RSPCA, this will then be accepted anywhere.

Good luck, the act if looking is heart breaking but so worth it.

Never heard of a springador before but clearly is a real cutie.

Cross bred.
Made up names to sell dogs to mugs.
Pedigree dogs are actually cheaper in some cases now, cross bred dogs used to be given away or sold for peanuts 20-30 years ago. Now cross bred dogs are fashionably.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Our last dog was a collie from the RSPCA. They told us it had 'issues' and they wouldn't let her go to an inexperienced household. Within days of us having Suzie, she tried to muscle her way up through the pack by bullying my youngest daughter who was 8 at the time. Wouldn't let her through doorways etc. She would attack newspapers, or mobile phones if pointed in her direction. After some serious training, 13 years later she would just about get along with other dogs....but nothing bigger than herself and certainly not Alsatians or mastiffs or irish wolf hounds or boxers or....you get the picture. She would attack thunder and lightning, the noise of the shower scene in psycho and hated britney spears toxic! She'd love foxes doo doo, could clear a 6ft fence from a standing start to chase cats. She'd knock cyclists off their bikes in stamner woods, bring hedgehogs into the kitchen, chew up slow worms but was an amazing ratter.
Heartbreaking at end of life, she's now buried at Raystede.
Moral of this story, know as much about the history of the rescue dog as you can physically find out. We might have another rescuer in the future when I've retired but not when there's not someone to keep an eye on it as it can be a full time job

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Cross bred.
Made up names to sell dogs to mugs.
Pedigree dogs are actually cheaper in some cases now, cross bred dogs used to be given away or sold for peanuts 20-30 years ago. Now cross bred dogs are fashionably.

Couldn't give a toss what it's called, in fact it wasn't till I got her home and read the adoption papers i saw the description as a 'springerdor' which made me chuckle hence my description of her. But hey if you're such an elitist when it comes to breeds pal then keep feeding those puppy farms. You obviously know best.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Couldn't give a toss what it's called, in fact it wasn't till I got her home and read the adoption papers i saw the description as a 'springerdor' which made me chuckle hence my description of her. But hey if you're such an elitist when it comes to breeds pal then keep feeding those puppy farms. You obviously know best.

Obviously hit a nerve there :bigwave:
Just telling it as it is.

Elitist? :smile: I haven't got a dog by the way.
Some people are selling crossbreeds for £800.

Last edited:

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Just wanted to say all the best and good luck with the dog,we had a rescue cat,granted a little bit different but it's the thought that counts...

Our cat came from Raystede,who have dogs as well i think....Jamie was a black short hair,with yellow eyes,he was born 1993 we got him in 2005 and the elderly couple who had him,well the lady passed away and the gentleman felt he could no longer keep him.

Jamie was his name and we kept that name,we even had the gentleman's jumper (a comforter due to the attached scent) for a while..

Jamie stood up politely and introduced himself to us and then sat back down,as we had a 6 year old daughter at the time we wanted a calm older cat,and he was very much so...

Jamie was with us until 2014 when sadly we had to have him put down,he is still buried in the other half's dads garden..

We were very lucky to get Jamie as he had been at the centre for a month or more and well cat's his age at that time don't normally get re homed..

We have had a few cat's and it was an honor and a privilege for him to have chosen us.
RIP Jamie..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here