Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dog owners

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think that it should be made law that no dog should be aloud off a leash at any time, anywhere.

Reasons - they are dangerous animals and their owners constantly allow them to crap everywhere especially in areas where our children play. It pisses me off.

Also license them again. I have to pay 25 quid for a angling license but those dirty gits who allow their mangy curs to foul everywhere pay nothing.

and as for cats coming in my garden -

Dogs - mans best friend my arse.

I wouldn`t have a best friend who sniffed my balls all the time and shit outside my house.

GOOD MORNING

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
You don't have any friends anyway.

Are you going to make parrot owners keep theirs in a cage 24 hrs a day? They can give a nasty peck, you know. I suppose you'll want people that have piranhas keep them in a tank next.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If those Pyranhas were to shit outside my house then yes - they need f***ing drowning.

and I do have a friend and his name is Algie.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Clearly tarring all dog owners with teh same brush here (where you barked at as a small child or something ... blesss).

Clearly anglers don't leave stuff lying around do they.... the river where I walk my dogs is frequented by anglers, and the amount of sh*t they leave lying around, which also dangerous to both kids and other animals!

Well trained dogs are not dangerous, irresponsible owners are!

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Dr Q said:
:clap: :thumbsup:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Questions said:
I think that it should be made law that no dog should be aloud off a leash at any time, anywhere.

Reasons - they are dangerous animals and their owners constantly allow them to crap everywhere especially in areas where our children play. It pisses me off.

Also license them again. I have to pay 25 quid for a angling license but those dirty gits who allow their mangy curs to foul everywhere pay nothing.

and as for cats coming in my garden -

Dogs - mans best friend my arse.

I wouldn`t have a best friend who sniffed my balls all the time and shit outside my house.

Some people think the same about football fans on second thoughts perhaps Adam El-Abd shoud be leashed once the final whistle goes.

GOOD MORNING

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Dr Q said:
Clearly tarring all dog owners with teh same brush here (where you barked at as a small child or something ... blesss).

Clearly anglers don't leave stuff lying around do they.... the river where I walk my dogs is frequented by anglers, and the amount of sh*t they leave lying around, which also dangerous to both kids and other animals!

Blame the owners huh.

Well its definately the dogs who crap outside my house - I`ve seen them.

and us anglers pay for the privilege but you dog owners do not.
You cannot even be bothered on the whole to pick it up.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Some poeple think the same about footbal fans, I think its proved that its mostly dog owners that are to blame for unruly doggy behaviour.

Perhaps the Albion should considor leashing Adam El-Abd on the final whisltle.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
It's okay Questions, I would never let my dogs bite you. You'd never know what they might catch.

Anglers FOUL the beaches, harbours and sea with their hooks and bits of line - how many wild birds have I detangled, their poor beaks wrapped with catgut and a hook occasionally protruding through them. A couple that I released had their beaks so badly malformed, that they probably wouldn't be able to catch fish or even eat with them any more. Very sad, and licenses won't make that alright :nono:

Some fishermen leave their six-pack plastic rings on the jetty, and those end up strangling birds and seals.

It's all a matter of responsibility, and a responsible dog-owner is by far prefereable to an irresponsible angler.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yep dogs are not pets , they are a hinderance on society

Should all be muzzled and hefty hefty fines for owners that dont pick up

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I had an interesting temporary experience of dog ownership recently, looking after my brother-in-law's family flat-coated retriever. It is like entering a sort of Masonic society.

I took her out walking twice a day on a local common, and people who previously would have walked past without a glance started coming up and asking all about the dog. Not us, just the dog.

Unfortunately, quite lit-er-ally, the bitch was on heat, so for five days it was a battleground out there trying to ensure she didn't go home impregnated by some rampant alsatian.

Bagging the shite isn't a barrel of laughs, and the dog food smelt out the kitchen. I really like dogs and this was a bit of a test, but the jury's definitely out on any ideas of getting one.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
Tooting Gull said:

Bagging the shite isn't a barrel of laughs, and the dog food smelt out the kitchen. I really like dogs and this was a bit of a test, but the jury's definitely out on any ideas of getting one.

Dogs for the most part don't care what they eat so feed them dry food. much less smelly

As for the dog shit just leave it outside questions house like I do

:dunce:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
NMH said:
Anglers FOUL the beaches, harbours and sea with their hooks and bits of line - how many wild birds have I detangled, their poor beaks wrapped with catgut and a hook occasionally protruding through them. A couple that I released had their beaks so badly malformed, that they probably wouldn't be able to catch fish or even eat with them any more. Very sad, and licenses won't make that alright :nono:

Some fishermen leave their six-pack plastic rings on the jetty, and those end up strangling birds and seals.

It's all a matter of responsibility, and a responsible dog-owner is by far prefereable to an irresponsible angler.

Plastic six-pack rings strangling seals. Oh it makes it all worthwhile what I do here.:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Re: Re: Dog owners

Curious Orange said:
So they wouldn't be allowed to bark unless they were on the leash? That'd be one very well trained dog indeed!

Dont worry about having their tails docked .. snip their vocal cords thats what I say.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Tooting Gull said:
I had an interesting temporary experience of dog ownership recently, looking after my brother-in-law's family flat-coated retriever. It is like entering a sort of Masonic society.

I took her out walking twice a day on a local common, and people who previously would have walked past without a glance started coming up and asking all about the dog. Not us, just the dog.

Unfortunately, quite lit-er-ally, the bitch was on heat, so for five days it was a battleground out there trying to ensure she didn't go home impregnated by some rampant alsatian.

Same here. We were thinking of getting a dog until we looked after a mate's whilst they were away on holidays over Christmas. I think I now like dogs the same way as I like babies - other poeples are fine, but wouldn't want one of my own!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here