Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Still hilarious IMO.

[tweet]430255032043573248[/tweet]

Cats are simply miles better. Discuss.

I fully respect your opinion but but imho cats are snidey creatures who look down at you.

As for dogs being treated like humans I was given a straight choice by my second wife (Of 12 years and 10 years younger than me) baby (already had three of those over the last 24 years ) or dog, one guess which option at the age of 50 I went for...... Suffice to say that dog is her baby [emoji23]

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Except it isn't a human being, it's nothing more than a pet.

Yeah. I kind of mean in terms of the absolute lifestyle difference that having your first kid brings about - the immediate loss of flexibility, the planning. You have to do that with a dog as well. You can't just (or rather it's harder to) say '**** it' and stay in the pub all afternoon when you have a dependant, canine or otherwise.

Or to put it another way, the culture/lifestyle shock of having your first child is lessened if you have owned a dog.

But obviously it's not the same.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I think our family life, including my own personal physical and mental health - improved by spending a few hours most days walking or running over the Downs with him - is better for having our lab.

Dogs have been proven to be good for mental and physical well being . . . . most proper dog walkers are healthier than can herders.

cats harass our chickens, kill newts, frogs, atttack fish and general wildlife in our garden . . . . the dog see's them off, before we got a dog I HAD to shoot them with an air pistol.

I miss that, it was fun.

theboybilly

Except it isn't a human being, it's nothing more than a pet.

To so many people a dog is so much 'more than a pet'. A lonely elderly person might never see the outside world or have any contact at all without a dog. You know this of course. There are so many examples of how a dog can be so much more than a pet.
I foster dogs now and have just rehomed a little crossbreed to a lady suffering with cancer. I could easily have kept the dog for myself as she is so gorgeous and friendly. I was, sad to see her go but somebody is going to get so much more out of having that little girl about. I'm made up for both of them

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Try locking your dog and and your missus in the boot of the car for 30 minutes, and see which one is happier to see you.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bloody hell, what a horrible thing to do to your loved pet.

We had a cat when I was a kid who got a skin condition, we used to have to bathe him ( something like exma and similar to what horses can suffer from ) he was a watery kind of cat anyway, used to go in the river fishing, and caught fish from the pond . . . . but bloody hell, trying to get him wet when we wanted . . . . my dad ended up in bike leathers! sometimes you have to be 'cruel to be kind'

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We had a cat when I was a kid who got a skin condition, we used to have to bathe him... sometimes you have to be 'cruel to be kind'
Yeah, but you had to bathe him. They just wanted a nicer smelling cat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
There's a couple down my local who have 3 huskies. Lovely looking hounds and very well looked after, they're usually well behaved whenever they're in the pub aside from the odd brief yapping frenzy. But man alive do they take some looking after. He's up 6am every day walking them before going to work, then its the first thing he does when he gets home, and they pretty much take them along wherever they go. Grooming, bathing, feeding, exercising, cleaning up after them, its all they seem to do. If he wants to watch a match down there and the missus is at work, then he's stuck with them all afternoon.

Takes such dedication, but that's just too much like hard work for me. Each to their own though I guess.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
Chicken Run: “Cats look down on you”

Where do you start with that?

All prejudice comes from a position of ignorance, no cat is alike, but the same old negative labels are trotted out each time by people with a limited understanding of them. I wouldn’t dream of describing a dog as a dumb, overly dependent, smelly, expensive, freedom curtailing, begging and shitting machine that ends up half blind and incontinent after 12 or so years, having limited experience of them myself; why would I do that when there are so many other negative expressions I could use instead for the canine ownership experience?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Takes such dedication, but that's just too much like hard work for me. Each to their own though I guess.
Yeah, but you don't have to own 3 huskies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here