Does your poo smell worse after a night on the beer?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pickles

May 5, 2014

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
It just has to do with the liver and bile really. bile is a substance used in the body in order to filter out everything that is bad. so what happens is bile is released to help the liver break substances apart. alcohol is dissolved easily in water, but bile breaks it apart so that it can increase its surface area. well the bile is now not usable. it has become part of the solution that is needing to leave the body. part of this is peed out, and the other part of bile is gone through poo.

With greatest respect, that's complete bobbins I'm afraid. Bile is secreted to emulsify fat to make it easier to digest. Alcohol is metabolised not by bile but by enzymes in the liver. And bile can be recycled by the body if it is re-absorbed by the gut. The reason it stinks is because of bacteria in the intestine lining. People have different bacterial "flora" in their bodies, so some people's poo smells different to others', depending on which species are on hand to breakdown excess nutrients that aren't absorbed by our own GI tract.

Source: 3 tedious years of study.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I find a number of sambuccas bring a tearjerking whiff to one of my nextday sticky poo pongs. Although the murderous skin-peeling steam from the one-time-only eaten brussell sprout curry is possibly the sick-inducing record odour in my history of truly foul dungs.

:lolol:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
The only time I drink one of those yoghurt/yakhult drinks is when I've had a particularly big night on the slosh. Especially if I've drunken spirits. It may be completely in my mind but I think the good bacteria in your gut gets destroyed by booze and replacing it helps the next day. Like when you've been on anti biotics. I do notice that when I have had one of these while my plop isn't massively more pleasant I don't get all that horrible reflux and windypops the next day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports