Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does Tony Bloom let his heart rule his head?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
No. I just think of the following things...

He's bought in a CEO that knows how to run a club to do a job rather than doing it himself
He's played the whole Gus dismissal by the book rather than just firing him without thinking
He's investing in a long-term strategy with the training facility rather than thinking that the nice shiny stadium was job done

What I would like him to do as Chairman is...

Stay on the shoulder of the CEO and keep the place fan-led
Embody the principles of the club and remind everyone running the club that there's a right and wrong way to do things
Keep doing what he is doing by making long-term decisions (even if they aren't popular short-term)

I think the only time his emotions come out is during the 90 minutes and probably over a pint or two when he's playing amateur pundit like us and taking the game to pieces. The guy's been Blue and White since childhood and now he's playing a blinder. OK, so the club have made a few mistakes over the past few weeks, but the important thing is that we all learn from those experiences - fans, club and even Gus Poyet.

TB? Top Bloke.

Screen shot 2013-06-25 at 11.31.57.png

Last edited:

Janbha

Dec 5, 2008
Hove
I would think that above all he is a fan 1st then a business man where Brighton and Hove Albion is concerned , so this suggests at some times he will indeed let his heart rule over his head and has already done so a number of times i would imagine , it is unavoidable .

Barber has been employed to keep Blooms clouded good nature in line with the new rules and regulations and it seems he is now starting to have his way , and if it keeps this club within the perameter of the FFP then he will be doing a good job imo ,every successful business has a person in the guise of Barber these days so its not like this guy is there to kill the club , he has made some tough decisions and some i dont go along with myself , but if not him then somebody else would be doing exactly the same thing .

I watched the Bloom interview and the ending with a still frame of Bloom should show just how much all this has hurt the man , he looked tired bewildered and frustrated and without knowing the full story behind all this who can blame him .

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

He's bought in a CEO that knows how to run a club to do a job rather than doing it himself
He's played the whole Gus dismissal by the book rather than just firing him without thinking
He's investing in a long-term strategy with the training facility rather than thinking that the nice shiny stadium was job done

Embody the principles of the club and remind everyone running the club that there's a right and wrong way to do things
Keep doing what he is doing by making long-term decisions (even if they aren't popular short-term)

I think the only time his emotions come out is during the 90 minutes and probably over a pint or two when he's playing amateur pundit like us and taking the game to pieces. The guy's been Blue and White since childhood and now he's playing a blinder. OK, so the club have made a few mistakes over the past few weeks, but the important thing is that we all learn from those experiences - fans, club and even Gus Poyet.

TB? Top Bloke.

View attachment 44156

Well said

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think Bloom wanted to believe Poyet was going to lead us to the promise land and bought into the Gus way. Probably giving him more than he should have. But that's not really a fault. By the time he probably realised the Bus was heading for a breakdown, it was too late to do anything other than what has been done. We are very very lucky to have Tony Bloom and should sing his name to the rafters, first home game so he knows, it's him we are behind.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here

TB? Top Bloke.

View attachment 44156

Totally agree

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
I think Bloom wanted to believe Poyet was going to lead us to the promise land and bought into the Gus way. Probably giving him more than he should have. But that's not really a fault. By the time he probably realised the Bus was heading for a breakdown, it was too late to do anything other than what has been done. We are very very lucky to have Tony Bloom and should sing his name to the rafters, first home game so he knows, it's him we are behind.

I actually agree with you for once!

I firmly believe he thought that Gus had bought into his vision for the club and was the man to take us to promised land. I would therefore guess that he feels extremely let down, disappointed and somewhat sad about how this has panned out. We all live and learn and I am sure he has learnt a lot from this episode that should make him and the club stronger.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The reason we have Barber is because Bloom is not a person with a strong 'management' style, and he needed someone to do the dirty work and make the tough decisions for him.

This is probably as close to the truth as white hawk are to the premier league.

LOL.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
As part of my thorough investigations into the mind of Tony Bloom (as thorough as the club's investigation into Gus, Tanno and Charlie) I have discovered that Tony Bloom's Zodiac sign is Pisces (20th March is the last day of this sign in fact).

Through this, I can assert that just like most Pisces, Bloom is a mysterious and alluring individual who is most extremely talented. But even though he is gifted in many ways, he still manages to spend most of their lives battling "confusing" situations. Pisces is the sign symbolised by the image of two fish. Their symbol depicts one fish heading upward, the other pulling downward. This mirrors how Pisceans are frequently torn between two pathways in life, or actually do live two very different existences at the same time.

This zodiac sign is acknowledged as being the Saint and the Sinner rolled into one; the trendsetter of fashion or art, the lost soul, the philosopher and the psychotic and the visionary. As a credit to him, considering his many vulnerable characteristics; Bloom, like most Pisceans, is incredibly adaptable and resilient. He is to be found leading the field in many diverse areas of life and many Pisces, such as him, can be found represented amongst top business millionaires.

The Piscean's inner quest to explore their "ivory tower" syndrome can lead them into some most unusual and unlikely living conditions. Of all the signs of the zodiac, Pisces are the ones who end up in the most muddles over the years of their lives. They fantasise about situations, people and particularly romance - and because they spend so much time in their own form of 'fantasy land' this can catch them short in other more worldly areas.

If you wish to find out more, such as how compatible your star sign is with Bloom's, please call the Seagulls Line on 0898 800 609 (calls charged at 33p per min off peak and at 44p at all other times)

Poor effort GR, Mr Blooms investigation resulted in 500 pages, whereas yours is a paragraph. Please try harder.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Poor effort GR, Mr Blooms investigation resulted in 500 pages, whereas yours is a paragraph. Please try harder.

The difference is that I can write succinctly! :wink:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There's an awful lot of arse-licking going on today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Or is that appreciation? Yes, yes it is.

Do you appreciate what Tony has done for our club?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

That's one way of putting it. Some on here have unapologetically got their tongue so far up the man's rectum that they can taste what he had for breakfast this morning. I'm sure he'd be mortally embarrassed by them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here