Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does the loftstar deserve a contract?

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
theres been alot about loft since his decent perforemance at luton.. but does he deserve a contract? i think yes he looks ok and always works hard when coming on which is good i think he is a good backup player who seems to like the club:thumbsup:

seagullsss

Lofts Number 1 Fan!
Jan 1, 2008
Does the loftstar deserve a contract

theres been alot about loft since his decent performance at luton.. but does he deserve a contract? i think yes he looks ok and always works hard when coming on which is good i think he is a good backup player who seems to like the club:thumbsup:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
Nope, he is shit

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I doubt he is on LOADS of MONEY.

Would it really hurt to give him six months? Hammond was close to being DITCHED by McGhee and turned it round.

Its the higher paid players I think we need to get RID of.

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
I doubt he is on LOADS of MONEY.

Would it really hurt to give him six months? Hammond was close to being DITCHED by McGhee and turned it round.

Its the higher paid players I think we need to get RID of.

Agreed, Loft should be given a contract, lets call it a day for Mayo and Hart.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You could have done a poll....

with only one option.

:nono:

Monty

Feb 21, 2008
You could have done a poll....

with only one option.

:nono:

Bit harsh... don't get me wrong, i wish Loft couldn't get near our team, however is really much worse that the likes of Fraser and Thompson?

He has actually had a few good games coming on as a sub (dont ask me which ones).

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
You have to ask the question will we be able to get a like for like replacement squad player who is happy playing a bit-part for the same money.

Probably not.

Give Loft another six months to prove his worth. It is hardly going to break the bank.

Get rid of Butters, Mayo and Hart though.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
You have to ask the question will we be able to get a like for like replacement squad player who is happy playing a bit-part for the same money.

Probably not.

Give Loft another six months to prove his worth. It is hardly going to break the bank.

I would keep Butters on as a coach and Harty deserves another season at least as cover

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

agreed about Hart/Mayo.

I'd keep Butters till Hinsh is back - at the moment we only have Lynch/Elphick and El Abd.

Although I'd only offer a short term deal and he might find he has better options elsewhere - if so good luck to him...

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I actually think Butters has performed better the last few games, particularly at Luton, and missing a few games and getting a rest inbetween the matches he starts might have done him good.

BUT

I don't see how people who have never had access to the training ground could possibly know whether or not Butters would make a good coach or not.

I think the 'jobs for the boys' attitude there seems to be at Brighton is one of the few negative aspects of the club.

If he gets all his badges and proves himself as a coach then by all means give him a job but nobody on here can possibly know how effective he would be in this job.

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
I actually think Butters has performed better the last few games, particularly at Luton, and missing a few games and getting a rest inbetween the matches he starts might have done him good.

BUT

I don't see how people who have never had access to the training ground could possibly know whether or not Butters would make a good coach or not.

I think the 'jobs for the boys' attitude there seems to be at Brighton is one of the few negative aspects of the club.

If he gets all his badges and proves himself as a coach then by all means give him a job but nobody on here can possibly know how effective he would be in this job.

Nobody knows how anybody will ever do in a job they have never done.

But i am a firm believer in nurturing talent and the bloke has buckets on the field just has to prove he can transfer that across to coaching!!!

And i believe in giving people a chance with full support as well

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I thought Oatway had eyes on coaching ?

We can't offer everyone a coaching role as Forster will no doubt be looking that way as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here