Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Potter really want this job?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Nope. I had the chance once when I was doing my UEFA B certificate at the Gävle university, we were supposed to go to Östersund and get a lecture from this fairly newly appointed bloke at ÖFK but when I heard about the 12h bus trip I suddenly felt sick, stayed home and roled a fat one... Ive had some regrets over that.

LOL

That's funny - Just trying to get a picture in my head of a UEFA B Licencing Course where at coffee break , the students, they all sit round the table and have a few joints and discuss one day being Manager of Barcelona.

And BTW . I am not taking the piss. I just find the wierdest things funny.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
What really surprises me is how often commentators will say that Brighton are "good to watch". Who is enjoying watching this Brighton team? Not people who want to see us win, for starters. I wouldn't be watching this team if it wasn't mine.

Thing is we were good to watch.
But the inevitability of it all is souring the experience.

The thing that’s changed for me is I have very little expectations or confidence in the players to do anything extraordinary, or just basic, in the last third.

The only players I rate are Bissouma, White, Lallana (when he’s in the number 10 position), Sanchez (so far), Lamptey, March (but if I’m honest, mainly because he gives his all, not the end product), Dunk.
Edit: I should add Veltman & Webster. They are not the problem.

Since Lallana is injured and has been playing like a holding midfielder that leaves me with nobody in the front three I have any confidence in. Maybe Trossard on his day.

I’ll get shit for this but I’ve never been a big Maupay fan. I think the dude has turned up in a few big games and is charismatic and cheeky (in a fun way). But has long stretches of not scoring (second half of last season is a good example) and he just can’t or can’t be bothered to thread a good pass through when others have a chance on goal.

But there certainly have been matches where we have looked amazing under Potter.
So exciting to watch. I have always been extremely excited to watch us play under Potter. No matter the opposition.

But now it’s the inevitability of it all.
That we WILL concede THAT GOAL.
That we will struggle to score a goal that isn’t a forced error / goal line scramble.

I wish it all would click.
I wish we didn’t have to rely on Lamptey and Lallana (both injured).
I want it to work with Potter, I really do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
LOL

That's funny - Just trying to get a picture in my head of a UEFA B Licencing Course where at coffee break , the students, they all sit round the table and have a few joints and discuss one day being Manager of Barcelona.

And BTW . I am not taking the piss. I just find the wierdest things funny.

I wish... it was by far the most boring group of people Ive ever studied with, Besides me it was just one guy who had any interest in going to a party or smoke stuff or interact with females. They said it was necessary to be dead serious... yet I dont think any of them are working in football any more than I am.

Six months with dry, boring people in a cold hellhole and I missed out on my chance to say hello to the GPott... BAH.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What really surprises me is how often commentators will say that Brighton are "good to watch". Who is enjoying watching this Brighton team? Not people who want to see us win, for starters. I wouldn't be watching this team if it wasn't mine.

A lot of people think Brighton play great football for the most part. Not you obviously, but seriously doubt that would change whoever coached the team.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Thing is we were good to watch.
But the inevitability of it all is souring the experience.

The thing that’s changed for me is I have very little expectations or confidence in the players to do anything extraordinary, or just basic, in the last third.

The only players I rate are Bissouma, White, Lallana (when he’s in the number 10 position), Sanchez (so far), Lamptey, March (but if I’m honest, mainly because he gives his all, not the end product), Dunk.
Edit: I should add Veltman & Webster. They are not the problem.

Since Lallana is injured and has been playing like a holding midfielder that leaves me with nobody in the front three I have any confidence in. Maybe Trossard on his day.

I’ll get shit for this but I’ve never been a big Maupay fan. I think the dude has turned up in a few big games and is charismatic and cheeky (in a fun way). But has long stretches of not scoring (second half of last season is a good example) and he just can’t or can’t be bothered to thread a good pass through when others have a chance on goal.

But there certainly have been matches where we have looked amazing under Potter.
So exciting to watch. I have always been extremely excited to watch us play under Potter. No matter the opposition.

But now it’s the inevitability of it all.
That we WILL concede THAT GOAL.
That we will struggle to score a goal that isn’t a forced error / goal line scramble.

I wish it all would click.
I wish we didn’t have to rely on Lamptey and Lallana (both injured).
I want it to work with Potter, I really do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

When were we good to watch? There have been times, for sure. In a lot of games we've had great spells and players have missed big chances. But I'm not sure you can say that more recently. If Jahanbakhsh had put away his header we'd have beaten Sheffield United but that was never a good performance. Fulham was awful and last night was painful. We're a long way short right now on the pitch and personally, I think it's the manager for chopping and changing players but sticking with a formation which doesn't work. He keeps playing a system that doesn't enable us to create multiple chances which is what we need given we aren't taking many.

I want the team to be good to watch and I want Potter to do better than he's doing. I think everything other than the performances on the pitch are first rate. The development of the club off the pitch has been remarkable in the last few years but the team isn't developing and there's only one person to blame for that in my opinion.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I do agree with you but - had we buried 10% more of our chances we wouldn't be fretting over our position or Potter as much.
Isn’t that how football works? Every fan of every club walks home after a game they lost or drew saying exactly the same thing if only so and so had scored. Life is full of if only’s.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here