Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Does Potter have a clue ?

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Again , my question is around changing 3 of the back 4 that started the last game. Potter did and the first half was a woeful, defensively.

He made changes and we drew thanks to an OG but I still question the original decision. Duffy looked miles off match fitness

Surely we've improved? We only conceded one today against a half decent team whereas in the last game we let three in to really shit West ham

boik

That game was literally crying out for Knockhaert to drive us forward, he’s miles better than March sorry March fans.

Another one who wasn't in the team, but would have been our saviour.

I reckon according to you lot, the 11 that plays one game should all be dropped for the next game, as the 11 that didn't start are always much better. Every match it's always the same "player X would have made a difference if he'd played". It's like a stuck record!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Another one who wasn't in the team, but would have been our saviour.

I reckon according to you lot, the 11 that plays one game should all be dropped for the next game, as the 11 that didn't start are always much better. Every match it's always the same "player X would have made a difference if he'd played". It's like a stuck record!
That was a team of bottle jobs tonight created what one half chance.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Pulls the team out of a velvet bag each game.

He must believe our players aren't good enough as good teams are usually made up of the same players playing a consistent formation. We do neither.

We seem to have to adjust every game, which means we set up wrong in the first place.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just can’t see how we are going to get enough points to survive.
Just can’t work potter out is it
1. He is out of his depth
2. Loves tinkering
3.over complicates it too much
Don’t think there was anyone in the stadium that would of picked up this weeks prize of guessing the line up . Three of the four defenders ? What other team had done that without injuries I’m guessing none . Duffy is not a player that you can treat like he has then expect him to come back in and play like last season . Trossard not fit to lace Knockaerts boots not even close . Are wide players are just not good enough . Midfield far to weak ever since Mooy has joined he had been woeful .surely at home against one of the teams down the bottom we need to play two up front not just one did that last season and only scraped over the line . I fear the worse

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I worry about two things:

1. Potter changing the team too often.
2. We dominate possession but without creating chances.

Against that we show real progression in our play and we look a better more accomplished side than last year and we have the same points as last season. It's not a black and white situation clearly, and we are a work in progress but overall I think we are heading in the right direction. It's too late to make a change now anyway and why would we? Changing from our style of play, lowering the age of the squad, bringing through youth, entertaining football and actual progression up the league rather than just survival, all of this was never going to be straightforward or immediate. We need to show some patience as a fan base.

dd47aa5e28dd1a7ffd48b35ac0b1fce8.jpg

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Give Potter some credit, he is starting to get the best out of Jahanbakhsh and will shortly be having a national holiday in Iran in his honour.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
“An own goal from Adrian Marriapa 12 minutes from time earnt the Seagulls a deserved share of the spoils with the Hornets, and the Albion boss was full of praise for the effort of his men.

He said, “I thought we did well across the game, and we got punished in the first half for one error. “

One error!!!! What game was he watching first half?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
“An own goal from Adrian Marriapa 12 minutes from time earnt the Seagulls a deserved share of the spoils with the Hornets, and the Albion boss was full of praise for the effort of his men.

He said, “I thought we did well across the game, and we got punished in the first half for one error. “

One error!!!! What game was he watching first half?

He doesn't say we only made one error, just that only one of them was punished.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
What is pissing me off about Potter the most is not the fact we have only won 6 games, or we are non existent in the final third or he has turned a decent defence into a disaster.
What really gets my goat is when he implies on the radio after the game that the crowd are at fault or as he calls it ‘ a difficult atmosphere at the Amex’. I think the crowd are being very tolerant at the mo and NOT getting on the players backs. Today saw us pass around sideways and backwards with no real intention and amassing one shot on target the whole game(I’m not counting Murray’s very tame first half header) at home to a side 2nd from bottom.
If you want to the crowd to play their part give them something to cheer about on the pitch and get behind instead of the dross we have been served up for too many weeks to remember!

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I think a more settled side is needed now and less chopping and changing. Let the players get to know one another rather than having a different face every week

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
it’s a struggle for smaller teams like ours, I’m fine with what he’s doing. Yep he’ll do for me.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potter’s certainly adapted.

August 2019
A new dawn of 3-5-1, with an array of giants at the back and at wing back. Astonishing, ever seen in football before?

Possession everything, passing amongst the gaggle of giants and Ryan the key, drawing opponents up field.

Small strikers.

It often worked at times, some great performances.

February 2020
An orthodox back 4, or is it a back 2?

A tall centre forward.

High balls played up earlier.

Some of the tippy-tappy around the back abandoned.

Pleased that he’s willing to adapt.

hoof hearted

Sep 14, 2019
How much of that 70 %is us ****ing about in our own half .Counted one time in the second half must of taken 25 touches to get to half way line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably the majority, considering Brighton had more touches in the final third last season compared to this season.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Schelotto played well. Burn was so important for our play he needed to come straight back in, even if it takes a game or so to get back to speed. Duffy I would have picked, like many, he started slow and didn't cover himself in glory, but I would stick with him for Sheffield at least

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
What is pissing me off about Potter the most is not the fact we have only won 6 games, or we are non existent in the final third or he has turned a decent defence into a disaster.
What really gets my goat is when he implies on the radio after the game that the crowd are at fault or as he calls it ‘ a difficult atmosphere at the Amex’. I think the crowd are being very tolerant at the mo and NOT getting on the players backs. Today saw us pass around sideways and backwards with no real intention and amassing one shot on target the whole game(I’m not counting Murray’s very tame first half header) at home to a side 2nd from bottom.
If you want to the crowd to play their part give them something to cheer about on the pitch and get behind instead of the dross we have been served up for too many weeks to remember!

I don’t think he thinks the crowd are at fault at all...let’s face it you don’t like Potter ..obvious when you referred to him as a clueless prick at HT last week

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here