Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does keeping Dunk effect our ability to sign another forward and wide man ?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The club bid £3m for Marshall whilst knowing (hoping) that Dunk would not be leaving. So I think that the funds are still there to strengthen our attacking options. I think we will sign another striker, another attacking wide player and a number 10 / attacking midfielder.

I agree. Although we've made a superb start points wise, we haven't fully addressed the lack of goals issue. With a bit more creativity and talent, we'd have been out of sight in the 1st half vs 'Udders such was our performance leaving us on a maximum of 12 points. We must punish teams more when we're on top.

With reference to the Marshall bid, if we do make another bid, they won't be artificially increasing the price to try and grab some of the Dunk booty. This applies to other clubs and agents whom would have had their eyes on the Dunk funds. An exciting 7 days starts here. The Marshall - Tex - Vydra combo is mouthwatering beyond belief (two of which could be season long loans).

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You feeling alright? You said something positive for a change.

I always try to be positive. I believe we are building for promotion either possibly this year via play offs or next year automatic. I have said many times I think TB threw it all in with Gus then had a couple of seasons to regroup and is now going all out again as he cannot afford for us not to be in the Premier.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I always try to be positive. I believe we are building for promotion either possibly this year via play offs or next year automatic. I have said many times I think TB threw it all in with Gus then had a couple of seasons to regroup and is now going all out again as he cannot afford for us not to be in the Premier.

ofcourse he can afford us not to be in the Premier League, he desperately wants us in the premier league though because like us he is a fan.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I think you are right.

It makes no sense at all for Tony to lose 10 million pounds every year. In some seasons he surely has to go for promotion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
ofcourse he can afford us not to be in the Premier League, he desperately wants us in the premier league though because like us he is a fan.

How long can he cover our annual losses, there is a limlit even to wealthy men. Blackburn are a clasic example with Jack Walkers money that was put in trust to keep them solvent for years to come but the Chicken Men came and bought them and we all know the rest.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Marshall - Tex - Vydra combo is mouthwatering beyond belief (two of which could be season long loans).

I know about the Marshall bid but is there anything (apart from NSC gossip or rumour sites) that suggests we could be in for Tex or Vydra? I've not seen anything from a reputable source ... but I haven't been logged in much over the past few days

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
P

With reference to the Marshall bid, if we do make another bid, they won't be artificially increasing the price to try and grab some of the Dunk booty. This applies to other clubs and agents whom would have had their eyes on the Dunk funds. An exciting 7 days starts here. The Marshall - Tex - Vydra combo is mouthwatering beyond belief (two of which could be season long loans).

It might be a good idea to adjust your thinking to reality, it's not fantasy football. With the players we are already committed to I can't image introducing three new forwards being financially viable.....as mouthwatering as it may seem.
Though the thought of Ulloa (even on loan) does excite me.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Were Colunga to leave that would free up some money. Suggestion on here that he is a high earner.

It would. The whole problem is that he's a high earner, and it's hard to find someone who'll make it worth his while ( Although he's only got a year left on his contract so may accept less for a longer deal ??? ).

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
P
It might be a good idea to adjust your thinking to reality, it's not fantasy football..

Not really. I think we'll only sign one more permanent player but I am hoping for two Premier League loans (hopefully season long). Based on our history of Premier League loans (we've been getting a few season long ones for a few seasons now) and what CH said recently about the loan market, I really don't believe I'm in fantasy football land (yet).

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Serious question, why do you think he can continually rack up the annual trading losses?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Didn't Bournemouth do this with Grabban? Player stays after all on improved contract then moves on for even bigger fee?

You only have to read Dunks comments to see this almost certainly isn't the case. He wouldn't have said anything if he was still moving on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here