Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does god EXIST?

NickBHAFC18

Feb 24, 2012
Brighton
What about extreme CHRISTIAN followers? Plenty of THOSE around.

Really don't want to be drawn into a debate about this, just wanted to get my view across. Any religion that is peaceful and then manipulated to cause suffering to others I do not agree with.

I shall speak no more on the subject :)

Always thought this verse by Alanis Morrissette was thought provoking,

If God had a face, what would it look like,
And would you want to see
If seeing meant that you would have to believe...etc

It`s a good question, would you really want to know because then you`d have to behave yourself a bit??? Of course I always behave anyway.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
All religion is man made it rules and divides causing resentment, misery and death. Does God exist though, who knows? God maybe

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
One of the news sites today carried a story about a 12 year old girl with cerebral palsy whose dead body was left unattended for so long in hospital that it had developed rigor mortis.

This poor kid had already been dealt a really shitty hand in life but died alone, probably in pain with nobody to comfort her or grieve for her.

This tells me all I need to know about the answer to the question.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
As always, those who believe in a god will be quite philosophical and open-minded, and those that don't will completely assert their opinion as fact.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
578651_338906036193738_2125093596_n.jpg

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
God- hard to say, the bloke is incredibly shy about signing his creations ( unlike other brands )

Ernest however, is definitely REAL and is known to INVADE the bodies of OPS.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
As always, those who believe in a god will be quite philosophical and open-minded, and those that don't will completely assert their opinion as fact.

Can't agree with that, don't believe in God but I'd consider myself open-minded. In fact if you show me some empirical, testable, repeatable evidence for God's existence I'll change my mind right now.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Can't agree with that, don't believe in God but I'd consider myself open-minded. In fact if you show me some empirical, testable, repeatable evidence for God's existence I'll change my mind right now.

Quite agree. If you want me to believe what you say you should provide me with evidence. The onus of proof doesn't rest with the athiests.

I can't prove an invisible spaghetti monster doesn't exist, that doesn't make it real.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade

But read the posts so far. Several already completely asserting as fact that God DOESN'T exist and ridiculing the idea.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Quite agree. If you want me to believe what you say you should provide me with evidence. The onus of proof doesn't rest with the athiests.

I can't prove an invisible spaghetti monster doesn't exist, that doesn't make it real.

But no-one is TRYING to prove on this thread that God does exist. All the asserting as fact is being done by the atheists, which was my point.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
One thing for sure, the Athiests know no more or less about the matter. They believe God does not exist (or is that the Agnostics?) whereas the religious people believe he does exist. Religious people will explain the reasoning behind their belief, however, athiests often seem to just dismiss it out of hand. Going back to my other point just then, what's the difference between an athiest and an agnostic then?

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
But read the posts so far. Several already completely asserting as fact that God DOESN'T exist and ridiculing the idea.

But surely the existence of your God relies on your faith not what others think or do not think, if you have faith what do you care about the damned?

I have been ridiculed all my life for my atheism (one day you will grow up and realise you are wrong, surely you made sure you did not give your children your perverted views etc.) why should I not return the favour to those who still, in the current world, believe in fairy stories?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Personally I'm not at all religious, but wouldn't say unequivocally that God doesn't exist. I find the whole subject quite interesting and am willing to consider possibilities, but don't think I'd ever proclaim myself as either an Atheist or religious, as you only find out the truth when you die (and even then you might not).

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Wasps
Piles
Croydon

There is no way a benevolent creator would have made any of those, therefore, by a process of deduction, there is zero evidence to suggest he exists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here