Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone still think 87 points will be enough for auto?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Absolutely.

The big danger is that on Tuesday there will be so much collective focus on Burnley v Middlesbrough that we'll 'forget' to beat QPR.
I'm hoping you're being sarcastic?

el punal

Absolutely.

The big danger is that on Tuesday there will be so much collective focus on Burnley v Middlesbrough that we'll 'forget' to beat QPR.
And that would be the nightmare scenario. For the first 20 minutes against Fulham we didn't get a sniff and then got lucky with the penalty and then everything went in our favour. If we're not 100% focussed on Tuesday the QPR game could turn out to be a real banana skin. Having said that I believe Chris Hughton is too wise a manager to allow any distraction or complacency to affect the team.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The manager and team aren't going to forget to beat QPR. We might not win, because you can't win every game, not because the players aren't focused on the game in hand. They're experienced, they know how it is, they know how close we were to dropping points against Forest, how Middlesbrough nearly dropped points in both their last games. One game at a time, they know that.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
The manager and team aren't going to forget to beat QPR. We might not win, because you can't win every game, not because the players aren't focused on the game in hand. They're experienced, they know how it is, they know how close we were to dropping points against Forest, how Middlesbrough nearly dropped points in both their last games. One game at a time, they know that.
I take a more holistic approach and to me thoughts of Burnley v Middlesbrough just muddy the collective focus on beating QPR.

Distraction easily spreads.

Let's just beat QPR then look at the table.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It's not hard to understand, you got it wrong.

Will 87 points be enough? How many will be enough?

We want the amount required to be as few as possible.

The question you answered was 'how many points will we get?', which wasn't the question.

Oh dear. Firstly, you're wrong. Everyone except you can probably see that. And that's ok, not everyone has to be the full shilling. It is slightly concerning that you don't even know your limitations though.

We're all talking about points, there's no need to add people, players or fans to the equation, that will only confuse you further.

The original question was "Does anyone still think 87 points will be enough for auto?". A succinct answer would be 'yes' or 'no'. A longer answer might be 'I think it will take more than 87 points, but I'd like it to be fewer'. A stupid answer would be 'as many as possible'.

It probably is best if you give up.

maybe bakero is wrong too as I got a thumbs up from him
of coarse it could not be you who has misunderstood
I might be old but far from stupid
the stupid one is the one who tries really hard not to understand the meaning of "as many as possible" and what is meant by that
thats points, just as many as possible, win ,draw and hopefully not lose, no targets just as many as possible.
now go away and think about that hard as I am pretty sure having read all the thread others are say much the same.
in fact just go away

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

just read your last post and you are saying much the same as I have, your signature is exactly right

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Personally i think we will have to get 93 points, work on that premise and if we are lucky and other teams fail then great.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
just read your last post and you are saying much the same as I have, your signature is exactly right
I don't have a signature :D

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
With four games to play, Albion have NINE points more than Palace gained in the whole of their promotion season.

That season, Hull finished second with 79 points and having lost 15 games.

Dec 29, 2011
Whatever happens, I think we will be favourites for promotion next season. We have a quality squad, we just need another CM to replace Kayal or Stephens should one get injured. We're far too reliant on them at the moment, and we're lucky both have been relatively fit for most of the season.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Whatever happens, I think we will be favourites for promotion next season. We have a quality squad, we just need another CM to replace Kayal or Stephens should one get injured. We're far too reliant on them at the moment, and we're lucky both have been relatively fit for most of the season.

What do you mean "whatever happens" - if we get promoted to the Premier League, how can we be favourites for promotion next season? For your whatever happens to come true we would have to fail to get promoted this season, so not a whatever!

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
in answer to original question hope its as little as possible. giving us a better chance of top 2 finish.. not as said above as many as possible. reason is we wont be in top 2 if its as many as possible because both burnley and boro can possibly get more points than us.. enjoy!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here