Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone remember ... Margaret Sanderson?

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
By "adult entertainment" do you mean strippers and an un pc comic? A sad facet of our society is that these kinds of functions are now consigned to history. I was telling my lad about when I worked in London and their was a 'lady' on the circuit called Sheila Blige, very big on the lunchtime circuit, used to do a trick involving picking up 50p pieces from the corners of tables using great muscular control.

It went from a blue comic, discos with the likes of Jimmy Case and Gary Stevens getting well refreshed to junior seagulls and no swearing please gents

By "adult entertainment" do you mean strippers and an un pc comic? A sad facet of our society is that these kinds of functions are now consigned to history.

Blimey, are you saying these don't happen any more? I organised two or three "Gentlemen's Poetry Evenings" for the local Round Table in Heathfield in the 80's, we raised shedloads of money for charity and a good night was had by one and all.

Not me of course, I would sit in the corner with an improving book, but everybody else had a great time.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Blimey, are you saying these don't happen any more? I organised two or three "Gentlemen's Poetry Evenings" for the local Round Table in Heathfield in the 80's, we raised shedloads of money for charity and a good night was had by one and all.

Not me of course, I would sit in the corner with an improving book, but everybody else had a great time.

Sadly Cadiz as the Buggles once sung " Lap dancing killed the pub stripper"

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Sadly Cadiz as the Buggles once sung " Lap dancing killed the pub stripper"

There was a poor unfortunate lad at one of them who bore the brunt of the blue comic and then the first lovely young lady came on who proceeeded to jump into his lap. Unfortunately he had one of those large belt buckles and he nearly ended up castrated, poor lad was rolling around the floor in agony whilst the rest of us adjusted our tackle in sympathy

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Still exchange Christmas cards with her. She moved from Moonrakers a few years ago and is now in Worthing.
A great lady who ran Junior Seagulls as a Volunteer and introduced 100s of kids to the Albion. Ran away coaches to places as far as Manchester for the kids and their parents. Friendly football matches for the kids and parents, home and away. One of the original management committee of Junior Seagulls FC (now Seagulls FC) that offer football to kids from under 7 to under 16.
Another of the people that are part of the heritage of our club who are in danger of being forgotten. Thanks for the post.

still exchange christmas cards with her. She moved from moonrakers a few years ago and is now in worthing.
A great lady who ran junior seagulls as a volunteer and introduced 100s of kids to the albion. Ran away coaches to places as far as manchester for the kids and their parents. Friendly football matches for the kids and parents, home and away. One of the original management committee of junior seagulls fc (now seagulls fc) that offer football to kids from under 7 to under 16.
Another of the people that are part of the heritage of our club who are in danger of being forgotten. Thanks for the post.

get the feeling the club are trying to distance themselves from the seagulls youth teams,they don't fit the new image

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here