Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone know why we signed David Livermore?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Since we have used Thomson, El-Abd, Savage, Johnson, Thornton, Virgo, Fraser all in preference to him? Seems a bit odd. Didn't he play quite a few games for Hull last season?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Since we have used Thomson, El-Abd, Savage, Johnson, Thornton, Virgo, Fraser all in preference to him? Seems a bit odd. Didn't he play quite a few games for Hull last season?

Yes...yes he did........and although the Hull fans didn,t think he would be good enough for the Premiership, they thought he was a very good Championship player.

Seems odd, how he is suddenly behind so many others in the pecking order now.

Didn,t help with his performances in the first couple of games, ( having said that, neither did Forster look good while he was adjusting from Championship to League 1 football) but since then, I think he,s looked a lot better when he,s been played in the middle of mid-field.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Left sided back up player?
Know a couple of Millwall fans, on what they say and the brief glimpses I've seen of him I'd say that the guy is a defensive midfielder. He looked a bit shaky at leftback and he's definitely no winger.

Jimmy Grimble

First half away to Northampton when he was playing central midfield he was probably our best player on the pitch.

'tis a bit odd :shrug:

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Yes...yes he did........and although the Hull fans didn,t think he would be good enough for the Premiership, they thought he was a very good Championship player.

Seems odd, how he is suddenly behind so many others in the pecking order now.

Didn,t help with his performances in the first couple of games, ( having said that, neither did Forster look good while he was adjusting from Championship to League 1 football) but since then, I think he,s looked a lot better when he,s been played in the middle of mid-field.

Exactly. Because he started playing here there and everywhere at left wing and left back because a certain Mr Virgo was occupying the CM spot

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Was actually thinking the exact same thing earlier on.

Have a feeling he'll be leaving the club soon.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
He should be starting ahead of Thomson. This is why i mentioned Fraser starting. Thomson is technically better than Fraser but we need some bite in the middle.
Livermore should be first choice in the defensive midfield role.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Odd that a player who helped a team to the Premiership cannot get into a midfield which El Abd can.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
this is a player that is a quality player, that played lots of games which helped a struggling team get into the Premiership, a gu that took a 2nd division team to the FA Cup FINAL, and played in it.

If I was him I would be pretty offended by not being allowed to play in your best position at the expense of 2 centre backs and a midget from Scotland, and then get shoved to left back or left midfield where he has hardly ever played, but because he can kick it with his left foot gets shoved there.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Very strange good enough for Hull last season but Adams has deemed him not good enough for mid table league 1 and would rather play Virgo in place of him. He can't be happy sitting on the bench week in week out and watching any player but him come in and play centre midfield. When he has played thought he did all right and just kept things tidy and organised

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Not sure why this should be Adams' fault (other than for making a misjudgement signing him in the first place). He's played several times this season and, apart from his performance at Northampton, been behind the pace and generally ineffectual - nothing to do with position IMO. Unfortunately players of his age can go down hill quickly, particularly if they're not playing regularly. Perhaps if he was given a run in the side eventually get the sharpness back, but at the moment he's well down the pecking order and probably rightly so.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
I see Livermore as a similar sort of signing as Butters.

I seem to remember Butters rarely starting when he was first signed but was a near ever present in his latter years

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here